I AM MAD AS HELL ... I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE !!!

by Amazing 30 Replies latest jw friends

• donkey
    donkey

Amazing contact me - I can help you with this. Besides I have something else to discuss with you.

Gravedancer

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I had this problem with the pop ups also.

First I tried a popup blocker program. That just seemed to cause more problems than I had before.

Then, my husband downloaded some software to get rid of spyware programs. It is called adaware6 and you can download it here: http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/

It found like a million of the little buggers on my computer! I deleted them all and.....

Guess what? No more pop ups! And my computer runs much faster, to boot!

Hubby says to run it weekly.

• Vanant
    Vanant

As far as spyware killers go, in addition to AdAware, there's also Spybot. And if you hate popups but don't want to use a program additional to your web browser, there is a browser called Mozilla that has an option to block popups. (If some websites require popups for navigation, you can specify them to be excluded from the no-popups rule.) I've been using it for almost a year and haven't seen a single popup the whole time. :) The only downside to Mozilla is that there are certain features on some websites that don't show up correctly, like the emoticons on this site (you would have to link to the images directly, I suppose, instead of letting the site do it for you...).

• shamus
    shamus

http://www2.b3ta.com/realistic-internet-simulator/

Check out this link, all of you... it's my fav!

• waiting
    waiting

Glad to see y'all's humor is coming back.

Mine's not - been dealing with lawyers. In fact, I wouldn't respond to this post if I were you. Just a warning.

As for pop-ups? Very seldom get them anymore. Suppose my computer guy added something to help in that area. He's a firm believer in MSN for homepage. Computer guys talk with each other (go figure) and from this group's experience, they feel pop-ups seem to be bringing in some of the viruses going around.

MSN (in their opinion) seems to allow less pop-ups.

Of course, this was after a virus killed my work computer....came in through the word processing portion of my computer. I was using MSN - but he said it could have been attached to something else and just sitting there.....waiting for the one millionth typed character.

I knew posting so much to this forum would be the death of me one way or another.

Catch y'all later, I'm going back to cussin' lawyers.

waiting

• Simon
    Simon

Can I check, do you mean you are getting popups on this site?

There shouldn't be any and Google don't use them.

• Matty
    Matty

Yes, absolutely Simon. In fact Google makes an excellent home page as there is very little on it to slow the page loading down.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

LMAO at this thread.

Today I'm fine, I think its got something to do with the possibility of an additional 3".

OMG, you had me in hoops Brummie, lololol.

BTW, I don't get any pop-ups on this site.

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Amazing, glad to note (madness) that your regaining your health, it shows! Did you have that 'hidden' temper when you were under the spell of being of the anointed? Just an innocent question. Keep that blood pressure under control, good health to you.

Guest 77

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Simon: No, once I make it to JWD, through the minefield of pop-ups, then I am okay ... well, once in a great while a little AOL pop-up will try to get through (I am not using AOL, but they found me) ... then my pop-up killer gets the ad ... but I have to disable the thing to open the gates to let me on line ... odd thing is, I don't know how these pop-up people found me ..

Guest 77: Hidden temper as an "Anointed" ... yeah, but instead of being pissed at God or the world, I beat my wife and kids ... no ... just kidding ... I have always been even tempered ... I can get upset, but it takes a lot over a long period of time. ... and I cool down real fast.

Everyone else: Thanks for the links and fun feedback ... I will try them ...

Donkey-Grave: Call me at work. And are you still at the same number? I will try to call you too. We need to have lunch again.

Jim W.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit