J Dubble Ya Broadcasting

by punkofnice 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

How far do you think the corporation will take this?

IE. Will it totally replace speakers at the meetings?

Y'know, that kind of thing....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

NO!

Too many of the Eldurs love the limelight of giving Public Talks. Take all that away and there would be even more defections by the best & brightest of them. Everything else involved in being an Eldur is busy work without any praise.

Doc

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DOC - Yes, I agree there are the ones that enjoy the power and prestige. The corporation could lose some of their best hateful bullies.

I wonder if the GB are sane enough to realise this?

• kairos
    kairos

With the shortage of eldurrz and savantz, one could see the need to return to the days before my time of the 'congregation servant'.

Was that like a pastor? Did all the parts?

Anyway, just hit play and now the meeting is on autopilot!

Good times~

• Thomas the Bill Engine
    Thomas the Bill Engine
    Ugh, I sure hope not. All those videos are so cringey, I'd rather see an actual demonstration than some silhouettes awkwardly having a monotonous conversation about jeebus
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Many are quick to say NO. I don't know, I could see each governing body member on a rotating basis being recorded with a public talk. That way, they wouldn't have to worry about elders straying from the outline and it would be such a personality cult for the G.B..

I mean really, each G.B. member could make 6 videos in one day and be done for the year making public talks.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Well for small foreign language groups/Congo's they already stream public talks from the stream.JW.org (where also special events are streamed) recorded in a country where the native speakers are.

It's not a big leap from there to having public talks in smaller/remote Congo's streamed. Using DC speakers to improve brainwas....eh.... quality.

And then do that for all Congo's.

And then just translated HQ recorded stuff.

All relatively small steps. Could be done.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Interesting observations, guys.

I agree with OTWO that the paedophile protecting rock star popes could further their own hubris by recording all the public talks and more. That way they could be worshipped on a more regular basis.

I imagine more 'special talks(tm)' will be pope adulation shows.

• humblepotato
    humblepotato

I imagine they will infiltrate the meetings a little more. For example, I can see them doing something like using the first Sunday of each month for a recorded talk. Then the other Sundays are up to the local btothers.

As was mentioned... I doubt they will do away with the local brothers completely. That would create a huge falling out.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

punkofnice - "How far do you think the corporation will take this?"

Streaming sermons only at the KH, exclusively featuring GBs or their helpers, leaving the BOEs as glorified ushers/enforcers and pencil-pushers.

Eventually - when all the KHs are sold off - streaming into the homes of individual members (and maybe counting those homes as "congregations").

x

In other words, all the f**king way.

x

Fitting, really, since - as I understand it - the WTS originally got the whole televangelism ball rolling with the "Phot-Drama of Creation" and the WT radio station.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit