Contradictions of the "no blood" policy....

by stuckinarut2 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So according to witnesses, the bible states that all blood is sacred, and once it leaves the body's circulatory system it must be "poured out on the ground" to show respect to Jehovah.

It mustn't be eaten or transfused.

So how do they justify it being ok to take in fractions of blood components when these have been produced from donated whole blood?

The whole blood was not "poured out". It was taken to a laboratory, stored, manipulated, put through processes to separate parts of it, broken down etc.... It certainly was not "dealt with in a sacred way".

And yet these blood fractions are deemed "ok" by the society?

This highlights the way they pick and choose doctrines, and go beyond the bible...somehow finding ways to interpret things in their own way.....

• Alive!
    Alive!

A huge red flag for me when I worked that one out a few years ago.......HUGE.

It can't be reconciled, it can't be excused away.

Abstain from blood? On pain of spiritual death?

But.....?

• Alive!
    Alive!

I no longer accept the WT interpretation regarding blood transfusions.

And it was a biggie for me - I was well and truly thunderstruck to realise how 'at odds' this interpretation is - Blood is obviously not quite so sacred if it can be donated and collected - for whatever purpose.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Yes, and what about allowing blood to be drawn for testing. If drawn for testing, why not contribute to the blood banks. The objection might be that they know the major components will be used in transfusions. But it's like paying taxes when you know some of your money will be used for the military.
  • aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

"So how do they justify it being ok to take in fractions of blood components when these have been produced from donated whole blood?"

Is it possible that the GB need to have blood fractions when they are inoculated for traveling around the world?

if so the whole blood fractions thing could be just for their own benefit.

• TD
    TD

Is it possible that the GB need to have blood fractions when they are inoculated for traveling around the world?

It was more basic than that. Gamma globulin and albumin (Plasma proteins) are both part of virtually all post-exposure vaccines. (e.g. Tetanus, Hepatitis, etc.), The latter (albumin) is part of the childhood battery of immunizations routinely given to children in developed countries.

Even as early as the 1950's this was virtually impossible to avoid. Your children would have to have these immunizations to even attend school.

Blood fractions were officially allowed in 1958 on the basis that they, "....did not nourish the body." (For some strange, inexplicable reason, the xJW community seems to think that this was a recent development....)

Since then, the scope of preparations and procedures in the "Grey area" (i.e. Matters of conscience) has steadily increased.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The blood policy is a remnant of the past, a leftover of a time when they also didn't trust vaccinations, based on primitive fear and superstition. They would love to get rid of it, but it's difficult for them since they have celebrated individuals for throwing their life away by refusing this life saving treatment, so they can't now say it was all for nothing.

As a weasely compromise they give people an out by allowing factions. They know it makes no sense, that if blood transfusions were wrong (which is really not true and not supported by the bible) then fractions are wrong too, but they don't care, they will continue to let people die rather than admit they were wrong, just like they have always done, because this is an organization with zero integrity.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Great comments!
  • elbib
    elbib

King David in his days of faithfulness refused to drink even water that was brought from an enemy territory by his soldiers risking their lives. He considered that particular water is equal to the lives of his soldiers. If JWs find no problem in accepting fractions of blood components it means they are not like the faithful men depicted in the Bible.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its called hypocrisy by any sense of balanced reasoning..

The WTS leaders who made up these doctrines were amateur bible theologians, as well lying corrupt businessmen.

.......... that is the only " Truth "

The consequences of their personal endeavors instigated the deaths of thousands since it was first introduced back in 1940's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit