Did You Have a "New Light" confidante you could talk to about changes while in?

by Wasanelder Once 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I had a friend and we always speculated on "new light" before it came out. I was an elder then and he was housebound, but a non-judgemental person. We had long discussed the growing number of anointed (in the 90's) and speculated how they would "New Light" it away. When the magazine came with the "New Light" that 1935 was no longer the shutdown year for the anointed I exclaimed to him, "They came up with something, get this."

I wish he was here for the overlapping BS. Did you have a secret compatriot you could speculate with on upcoming "New Light". Were you busted for such talk?

• blondie
    blondie

My extended jw family used to do that, and were usually right; but they did not share outside the family. They would gather at my grandparents' home for dinner Sunday afternoon and afterwards discuss certain points. I was a child/teenager and did not talk but I listened.

Some Topics

When did GT end?

Who were the superior authorities?

Why 1975 cannot be accurate.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yes. But we were always speculating in a "positive" way -- eager anticipation.

He is no longer active. Hard core alcoholic. Divorced his JW wife (shocking). Living with a woman. But definitely a POMI. He'll still "witness" in favor of the Borg. He does not believe anything negative in the news about JWs or WTS. He will come back................some day. (No he won't . He'll die first.) He realizes he just cannot live by the JW rules, so he stays on the downlow.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I could talk with my sincere, zealous JW grandfather, but he's now dead (died about turn of the century). If he were alive now, I think he'd be shocked at and extremely disappointed with the "new" JWdom.

I used to be able to engage in such talk with my other JW relatives, but in the last few years they've dug their heels in and become unreasonable, and they now won't listen to anything negative about JWdom.

There was another elder that I learned in later years was reasonable and open to discussion, but he's now on this board (I think he's PIMO).

• blondie
    blondie

POMI UAC

Physically Out

Mentally In, until it seems Armaggedon is really on the threshold and jump back in at the last minute

Until Armaggedon Coming

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Did you have a confidante you could talk to...?

Oh Yah...and still do!

For me...that's what makes being a PIMO soo tolerable for the present! Having a good and trusted friend to bounce WT's conflicting and stupid-ass rules, changes and other culty behavior off-of is soo therapeutic. I sort of consider myself 'blessed' in that regard. It's like the Proverb @ 19:20 says: '...but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.'

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Magnum = it's good to see you back posting

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Magnum = it's good to see you back posting

Yes Magnum!! Hope you are well buddy-

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I wonder what the percentage of PIMO really is.?

Any suggestions?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Sadly no. I remember phoning my ex-pioneer partner and friend of ten years about the new light that we couldn't study just the Bible with people anymore to ask what they said at her assembly and she rounded on me straight away, 'but it's from Jehovah!'

It took my husband seven years to realise something was wrong. My father-in-law said people who criticise elders end up being just like them. That was until they turned on him!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit