I received a letter from an unknown JW yesterday.

by smiddy3 10 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

lovely handwriting .It had an e-mail supposedly to the cong.that didn`t work and a P.O. Box for the Congregation.?

He/she wanted to share a positive message to me.quoting Rev,21:34.Then goes on to say ,"because death mourning and pain don`t exist in heaven these scriptures are referring to future conditions on earth and goes on to quote Isa,55:11 ,Job,14:14,15 ., and Acts.24:15.

Then the invitation,if I would like to know more ,to visit the JW.org website .and signed itself Sage.

WTF ?

I was going to point out Rev.12 :7 that a war broke out in heaven ,and in wars death suffering and casualties occur just to see what he/she would say to that ?

Oh well ,they don`t/wont put their own e-mails on these letters so you can`t contact them ,obviously they cant witness anymore or they dont have the conviction of their own beliefs.?

I feel like saying that in a reply to the congregation.

Any thoughts ?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is up to you Smiddy but I suspect that any reasoned reply to the congregation will either do in the bin or be filed in the “crank” file. I wonder if you might say little to the congregation except to enclose a copy of their letter and politely ask them to give the writer your email, since you would like to discuss it further with them.

It might work?

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

The JW don't want to talk (or write) about there religion.

They only want to COUNT the TIME for there monthly slip - knowing that works can NOT save them - but according to JW a faith without works is dead. Poor people - trapped in a dangerous cult.

• LV101
    LV101

I receive a couple of these a year now. One a few wks ago had a thin brochure enclosed and it looked nice but I tossed. They can't enter inside private property, thankfully, so they hound us via mailings. Poor JWs paying for postage.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice waste of a postage stamp, which are getting pretty expensive. I got one of those wastes of a stamp myself, which simply ended up in the rubbish. And if they would have been dumb enough to send me another, I would simply have written a reply in German stating that I am simply not interested in helping joke-hova to enslave the world. By the looks of things, that abomination doesn't need any help.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The MO is write a letter on the current offer. Use a po box or hall address for safety. No one is allowed to go dorr to door, supposed to be trembling alone at home. Territory is made from public records.

Wife got one reply in 2 years. Counter preaching from a born againer. Lots of interest in reply from the other people in the hall, they thought she caught a sucker.

Official narrative is dozens of replies and people flocking in.

I count my time by perusing this site

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I've received several of them. In my case, there was the actual name and address of the person that sent the letter. One was handwritten, and on that one, I replied also in a letter.

• titch
    titch

Yes, Smiddy3, in the past couple of years, I have received two such letters. But, the ironic thing about them is, that they were written by a couple---a husband and wife---who I once knew, when I was associated with JWs. ---I recognize their first names that they have signed the letter with. Little do they know that their letter/envelope was in the mailbox of a person who is now a fader.....Oh, well. Best Regards, Everyone---Titch.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I got one. I didn't pay much attention to it. It was something about 'we have you down as a do not call'...

They pay the postage and the WBT$ don't give them anything. The individuals pay for it all themselves.

the grift continues and AM3 is still getting drunk using their money.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Road to nowhere, that’s so funny, that one Christian responded back, to tell a JW that they’re wrong, but the official narrative is that there are dozens of replies, and people flocking in. Lol. Btw, I read someplace on Reddit that Australia has only 15? Kingdom Halls in the entire country left, but they still claim 70,000 members, which would make each congregation have about 4,000 members. I’d be curious to know what their real numbers are, but I’ll bet they aren’t sure themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit