Did they read this today at the meeting?

by Jerryh 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jerryh
  • slimboyfat
  • road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Cant read it. But. We had no announcements

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

So now it's for ALL dedicated servants of the Most High and Jesus Christ? For decades WTC claimed that the entire Christian Greek scriptures were written exclusively for the anointed with limited benefit for the great crowders. If they could make up their minds, that would be a start...

• Smiles
    Smiles

When WT taught that the scriptures were written primarily for the limited number of anointed JWs, such was at a time when WT taught that all anointed JWs were the f&d slave class.

Since WT has changed the identity of their f&d slave to be strictly the small group of anointed men serving at WHQ, aka the GB... it is a wonder that they didn't also then declare the scriptures to have been written primarily for the GB.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I never believed the WT explanation of the Lord's Day. I still think it simply referred to the day of the week that he had the vision.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Can we get a readable copy of the text?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Maybe not much better, but here are a few different sizes. The pixelation of the OP is pretty bad.

Edited to add, My attempts to resize don't seem to work, sorry

• Listener
    Listener

What about the dozens of pictures they print of the wild beast, the day of destruction, the 144,000 and endless others, where is the rank & file in those pictures?

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I can read it if I enlarge it by clicking the "+" key of my PC keyboard multiple times while holding down the "Ctrl" key, since my web browser responds to that way of zooming in on a page. Another way to do it is use the pull down menu of the browser for enlarging a web page. However despite enlarging it is fuzzy and hard to read, but I can manage to read it.

Hey if the WT is saying that all faithful JWs are the "slaves" mentioned in Revelation 1:1 then they should also conclude they are "the faithful and discreet slave" mentioned in Matthew 24:45-47. That should especially be the case since the article cites Matthew 25:14, 19. How so. Well consider the following. Matthew 25:21-23 says that the industrious slaves of the group mentioned in Matthew 25:19 each are a "good and faithful slave" who will be rewarded by being appointed over many things! Furthermore, Matthew 25:24-27 says that the non-industrious slave of the group in verse 19 is a "wicked and sluggish slave". It thus just now dawned on me that Matthew 25:20-23 identifies who is the faithful slave of Matthew 24:45-47, and that Matthew 25:24-27,30 identifies who is the evil slave of Matthew 24:48-51! Wow! Holy spirit! Jesus Christ. Yahweh God Almighty! Eureka! Dynomite

Perhaps I had that insightful conclusion over 15 years ago when studying Matthew chapters 24-25 very carefully, but forgot about it. I do know that in some of my NWT Bibles I have notes in the margins in which I relate some of the passages of chapter 25 to some of the passages of chapter 24. I will re-examine those notes to see if any pertain to the two slave groups.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit