This thread is for proof that God exists

by juandefiero 375 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    It is only after you see its testes, then you exclaim: "It's a male!"
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi EndofMysteries,

Copypasta is crap. It means you haven't taken the time to put the ideas into your own words or you don't really understand and/or have internalized the arguments presented. Quoting is fine, so is paraphrasing, but make the arguments your own. Copypasta just ends up in copypasta wars.

Nobody learns anything anymore and we all just reply with tldr;

• cofty
    cofty

EoM - Your dishonesty is astonishing.

Has anybody on this forum spent more hours and invested more effort patiently answering questions than I have?

You are lazy. You don't understand the first thing about science but you think you can paste a load of text of ID bullshit and expect me to plough through it all and refute it.

Your are not worth another minute of my time.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Exhaustive compilation of evidence, complete with references, for god below:

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    It seems from the derisive attitude toward people that believe in something that cannot conclusively be proven or disproven, that rather than being atheists many here are more anti-theists. There's so much mocking thrown at others for their beliefs. It reminds me of my J-dub days, making fun of (insert name of religion here) for their absurd beliefs, looking down on them for not seeing what we saw then as obvious and unequivocal truth. I totally get why people would be anti-God, anti-religion, etc. after life as a dub. I think I'm trying to embrace anti-certainty, no longer needing to declare anything as absolute truth, being curious. I had my fill of beating my chest as the guy that knew what was right, lording over those that were "wrong". Leaving " the truth " was humbling in ways.
  • cofty
    cofty

Being curious is good but there is nothing wrong with arriving at a conclusion based on the evidence.

• theliberator
    theliberator
    Romans: 1: 20. "For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are CLEARLY seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse."
    "There are two books laid before us to study, to prevent our falling into error: first, the volume of the Scriptures, which reveal the will of God; then the volume of the Creatures, which express His power."
    -Francis Bacon, Scientific Method
    "Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance."
    -Isaac Newton, Physics, Mathematics
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Of course, a person thinking about the concept of unicorns doesn't mean that unicorns exist in the real world. The same is true of Gods.

While it might be true that believing in (mythological) unicorns or in anything that has not been measured or tested does not establish that they are real does not invalidate the existence of Jehovah by comparing belief in the existence of Gods to belief in the existence of unicorns.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

It is logical to conclude that reality has nature, or a mechanism, or dynamics.

If nothing existed until there was a change, It is logical to conclude that such change did not happen on its own, something caused it.

Nothing can exist without something being eternal. Something cannot exist with nothing being eternal. If nothing is eternal then something cannot exist. Since something exists, nothing is not eternal.

It is logical to conclude that something caused the change that resulted in the formation of the universe.

That is how I see it

• cofty
    cofty
    If nothing existed until there was a change, It is logical to conclude that such change did not happen on its own, something caused it.

"A Universe From Nothing" - Lawrence Krauss. Have you read it yet?

"Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance."
    -Isaac Newton, Physics, Mathematics

This is one of many idiotic things that Isaac Newton said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit