This thread is for proof that God exists

by juandefiero 375 Replies latest jw friends

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@cofty,

You know these lowly worms of human scientists were so vain as to actually do so?

See mycoplasma laboratorium, section watermarks

If only God thought of that!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The God is intelligent design. Whether a biological scientist, supreme cosmic being, or computer programmer in which we are AI stuck inside a simulation in a computer. Whether God in any form is still watching/monitoring us, dead/gone, from another dimension, etc.

The proof of intelligent design is evident in all life. Learn about computer programming and compare it to DNA and life in general. So many similarities. I even posted a topic about it maybe about a year ago if you want I'll relink it or look at my old topic posts. That is the 100% certainty. If this being has a future planned for us and what is it, without him talking to us directly, with the many translations and religions and books, impossible for a certain answer.

• cofty
    cofty
    DNA shows no signs of intelligent design.
  • cofty
    cofty
    The possibility of storing huge amounts of data in DNA is a serious field of research.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped

@codedlogic (sorry, quoting from my phone is difficult)

Might a human brain exposed to thoughts of God have measurable effects in the brain for those that believe?

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Dubstepped,

Thinking about different things certainly has different effects on the brain. Of course, a person thinking about the concept of unicorns doesn't mean that unicorns exist in the real world. The same is true of Gods.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    @codedlogic - ....and apparently the same goes for love.
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    DNA shows no signs of intelligent design.

Cofty - I'll provide sources that say otherwise. Here is the first, I'll post some of the information here...

• Title:
      The Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design.(Book review)
    • Author: Orient, Jane M.
    • Subjects: Meyer, Stephen C.
    • Is Part Of: Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, Spring, 2014, Vol.19(1), p.29(2) [Peer Reviewed Journal]

• The book is The Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design, by Stephen C. Meyer, hardcover, 611 pp, $28.99, ISBN 978-0-06-147278-7, New York, N.Y., Harper Collins, 2009

• Author Stephen Meyer first came to media attention with the firestorm of controversy that met publication of his article on Intelligent Design in the peer-reviewed journal, the Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington, housed at the Smithsonian Institution. The editor of the journal, evolutionary biologist Richard Sternberg, was censured for poor editorial judgment, although the article had passed the normal process of peer review. He was demoted, and his career at the Smithsonian ruined. Benjamin Stein recounts the story in his movie Expelled.

In The Origin of Species, Charles Darwin argued that natural selection acting upon random variations could explain how living things appear to have been designed. He did not, however, attempt to explain how living organisms came to exist in the first place. It was the question of the origin of life that aroused the interest of Meyer when he was a young scientist working for a multinational oil company in 1985.

As a former physics and geology student, Meyer knew very little about DNA. He attended a conference about the "DNA enigma"--the fact that its coding sequences contain information comparable to that in computer code. This suggests the existence of a programmer--a designer.

We learn in basic physics and chemistry that there are two entities in the universe, matter and energy, which are neither created nor destroyed--at least, not since the Big Bang, although they are interconvertible according to Einstein's equation e=[mc.sup.2]. But there is a third entity, Meyer points out--information. Information is created, and is destroyed.

Explanations for an observed phenomenon are generally of three types, Meyer observes: necessity, chance, and design.

Chemical reactions occur through necessity, i.e. the laws of physics. Such reactions may occur in a certain way, i.e. amino acids linking up in one sequence rather than another, by chance.

A stream flows down a mountainside by necessity. The distribution of rocks on the bottom of the stream occurs by chance.

On the other hand, the configuration of rocks at Stonehenge is recognized to have occurred because of design. Information that we see in computer programs is there by intelligent design. The occurrence of design implies the existence of intelligence.

If we see an array of letters or numbers or marks, how can we determine whether they are random sequences, say caused by those proverbial monkeys hitting keys on a typewriter, or the product of intelligence? Meyer discusses this at great length, including the concept of available "probabilistic resources."

Meyer describes how the sequence of DNA bases codes for amino acids. One set of three bases can code for one and only one amino acid, although a particular amino acid can be specified by more than one codon. This is the alphabet. Does the arrangement of the codons spell out something like a Shakespearean play, or is it just a set of incredibly fortunate bingo calls?

Once the biological system exists, it replicates itself. How did the first self-replicating system come about? We now recognize that the very simplest living cell is immensely more complex than Darwin could possibly have understood.

Every cell represents a chicken-and-egg phenomenon. Before there was a living cell, there had to be the first self-replicating molecule. What are the candidates? It cannot be DNA. DNA is the template for its own replication, but it cannot replicate without DNA polymerase and about 20 other enzymes. DNA contains the information needed for building enzymes and other proteins, but cannot itself synthesize them. Protein synthesis requires messenger RNA, transfer RNA, and elaborate machinery made of proteins.

What is needed is a molecule that has both enzymaticfunctions and information storage functions. Scientists hoped that certain types of RNA would satisfy these requirements. According to the RNA-first model, an RNA ribozyme arose in a prebiotic soup. First, there were chemical reactions occurring by necessity between precursors that just happened to be present under a set of physical conditions favoring their reaction. Chance variations in the process occurred, and natural selection eliminated less survivable variants. Eventually, more efficient and more complex systems emerged.

Meyer notes, however, that RNA building blocks are hard to synthesize and easy to destroy. Additionally, ribozymes are poor substitutes for proteins. Naturally occurring RNA molecules can perform only a small handful of the thousands of functions performed by proteins. Most importantly, Meyer concludes, the RNA role does not explain the origin of genetic information, that is the sequence specificity in the "DNA enigma."

Intelligent design is kept out of school curricula on the basis that it is not a scientific theory. Meyer provides a lengthy discussion of how to determine whether or not a theory is scientific. While theories that can be subjected to experimental proof or disproof are scientific, neither evolution nor Intelligent Design can meet this criterion. Instead, they must be evaluated by a process that determines what constitutes the best explanation--rather like in a murder investigation. I found Meyer's book to be as engaging as a good whodunit.

• cofty
    cofty

I never read copy-paste.

If you have a question or objection you can present succinctly in your own words let me know,

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    I never read copy-paste.

For the lurkers, when Cofty can't reply or is proven wrong, then his go to response is either something about "go read a basic book" or refusing to read or acknowledge like he just did. Had I just stated that information in my own words, he'd say it's not true and to read a book. Posting a peer reviewed source and he refuses to look at it :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit