This thread is for proof that God exists

by juandefiero 375 Replies latest jw friends

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

I want to believe. However, I haven't found any evidence to support that belief.

Have you? If so please, show me the evidence that God exists, and I will believe along with you.

Criteria:

(1) You must specify which God you are talking about;

(2) Evidence presented must be verifiable.

So please. Here is your opportunity to convince an atheist he is wrong.

Additional benefit: you may convince someone else that is doubting to remain a believer! What have you got to lose?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

The existence of an omnipotent entity responsible for creation of the known universe is a belief. (Note separate underlining and read emphasis accordingly)

Insofar as I know there is no evidence proving the existence of an omnipotent entity responsible for creation of the known universe that removes other possibilities for our existence.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This thread is for proof that God exists

............Image result for Good luck with that

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    I'll use the same example that I gave someone else without regard for your specific rules. I'm not quite sure where I land specifically on the spectrum of belief in God. For me though, I do believe in something greater than us, a God, much like I believe in love. Neither is something that you can see but to both can be attributed many actions used as evidence of both. That's my view, though I know it's not what you wanted, unless of course your true desire was to draw out believers so that people could have a go at them for sport.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

One of the shorter threads on JWN ...

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Just visit the pasta section of your local supermarket.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi there juandefiero,

I'd like to take the category: An impersonal God that set the universe in motion, for $500 please Juan.

The argument takes the form of a logical syllogism:

A->B
    C->A
    C->B

Whatever begins to exist has a cause.

The universe began to exist.

Therefore: The universe has a first cause.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

God said he exists, also Satan a hell of a ventriloquist I must say...He(God) told people to write about

his loving qualities. It get a bit confusing with some of the writers of the Bible, at time he is a raving maniac

and other times, well he's a raving maniac. If you read the bible you hope he doesn't exists.

Of course I'm speaking about the God of the bible, green, blue, black or red bible it doesn't matter.

• Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation
    Im thinking along the lines of dubstepped. This is a loaded thread aimed to goad believers. There are mysteries surrounding the bible and God just like there are mysteries and unknowns in the scientific world
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    I do believe in something greater than us, a God, much like I believe in love. Neither is something that you can see but to both can be attributed many actions used as evidence of both.
    -DS

Love is an emotion that all of us have experienced first hand - and love is also scientifically demonstrable with measurable accuracy. God(s) however, are not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit