Ghosts and Hades: Another Watchtower Deception

by metatron 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

What always bothered me as a Witness is the fact that simple, plain sentences derived from the Bible would likely

get you dragged off stage as an apostate, if you uttered them.

Such as:

"We all know that wicked people may be "tormented day and night forever and ever". "Hey wait, leggo! That's what it says.... "

It's silly - you take a collection of observations and sayings gathered over thousands of years, you force arbitrary , unhistorical

interpretations on them, and then loudly proclaim "This book is free from internal contradiction! A miracle!"

To me, the miracle of the Bible is in it's quiet direction of history towards where we are now

- an age, in which, just maybe, we can get along without hating and killing each other,

while progress removes the timeless ills of history - like aging and disease.

metatron

metatro

• Viperinus
    Viperinus

Metatron

If one was removed form the association of these Christians for serious wrongdoing, such former members were now banned from this form of worship, “not even sharing a meal with such a one”. Also you would not greet a former unrepentant member with the “holy kiss”, “not even saying a greeting”.

Is this where the justification for DFing comes from?

V

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

So what are you trying to prove, that the bible says the human soul is immortal? Get real.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Room 215: The bible is like the US constitution -- subject to interpretation. And I would think that the closer you get to the source of the material, the more accurate the interpretation. (I.e., wouldn't we just love to ask the writers of the constitution to interpret it for us instead of relying on judges?)

The bible has been copied and translated so many times and in so many ways that I believe the most accurate way to interpret it is specifically to find out what the contemporaries believed it to say/mean. That's where Tradition comes in.

• metatron
    metatron

Re-read the post

The Bible is simply a collection of writings over time and reflects different viewpoints. Actually, people like the Watchtower

can't truthfully deny this since 'prophetic understandings' changed over time - like God's relationship to Gentiles, for example.

When Jesus walked the earth, the Roman Empire was incredibly brutal and cruel - that's partly why the idea of eternal torment

was so popular - and the Bible reflects that (as in Revelation). Did you know that the Romans actually executed people on stage

when a popular play called for it in the script? They also killed unwanted babies by exposure ( Christians often picked them up and

adopted them). The Romans thought nothing was particularily wrong with having sex with children - or working slaves to death.

Does the Bible ( aside from the Apocrypha) say man has an immortal soul - No.

Does it reflect such a belief, along with folk ideas about Hades and ghosts - Heck, Yes!

metatron

• thetruthaboutjws
    thetruthaboutjws

I agree. I used a different means of research to find this out. I became a paranormal researcher(ghost hunter)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit