A JW prophecy VISIBLY failing!

by BoogerMan 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

w85 7/1 p. 21 par. 16 - An increasing “great crowd...out of all nations” are flocking to the org Jehovah’s worship.

The Brooklyn Pharisees assured the sheeple for decades that Isaiah 2:2, Micah 4:1-3, & Haggai 2:7 were prophetically

referring to Jehovah's Witnesses.

So why are K.H.'s being sold off worldwide? Where are people going to flock to - tablets & ZOOM?

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

I don't know but many years ago a big wig delusional elder told me that at the end it would be a big campaign all around the world and that a lot of 'worldly' people were gonna join the Borg....how this fits with the 'close the Ark's door fits mentality' still baffles me.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    The love of the greater number will cool off.

Didn't they quote this from 2nd Jerematic or something?

Look, they can spin anything any way they want. They can turn falling numbers into proof of Jehobabobs blessings if they want to.

Just be happy you're out.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If I were a believing Witness I would answer that in 1985 they had around 2.8 million publishers . Today it is well over 8 million.... Enough said.

Even during the cessation of the field ministry they still managed a small increase.

Of course I am not a believing Witness any more so I will qualify that by saying that figures don’t show everything.... but there are still a large number of believers prepared to preach and report each month. Much as we would like it to, the old WTS ain’t going away any time soon

• jojorabbit
    jojorabbit

Over my years in the religion or so called religion, I have noticed that most JWs who are big PIMIs do not really care about any change. Its their group and they will defend it no matter what is changed or does not work out. I mean my go they only lost 10 percent or so after 1975. If that does not wake one up what would? Cult members are usually invested in a cult and do not think they are in a cult.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I'm glad they have grown so fast! That means that only about 99.999% of humanity will die at Armageddon.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Watchtower pads it's numbers. You got to really ask is there truly 8 million Jw's or is this a figure they pulled out of their azz?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Even going from 2.8 to 8 million, 90% of their growth came from born in,'s in our own hall we have a few old timer families that came in around 1970. They had around 3 kids then they had a couple kids each. So there's your growth!. Still many never had children. When you think about it, discouraging having children over the decades, the organization shot themselves in the foot. Otherwise they would probably have 15 million witnesses as many as the sda and Mormons!

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Take away df arrangement and probably half jws would abandon Org

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    nicolau - "...they can spin anything any way they want. They can turn falling numbers into proof of Jehobabobs blessings if they want to."

"Everything is proof we're right! Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit