Baby update and quick hello.

by Darkknight757 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I wanted to take a moment to give a quick baby update. My last post mentioned that we lost twin B at 17 weeks but twin a is doing well so far. We are 25 weeks tomorrow and a week past the point of viability so we are starting to get really exited for this new adventure in our lives. We have been busy hitting swaps and mom-to-moms buying the things we need for our little girl.

Because of our past history we decided against a baby shower and might just have a birth celebration after the fact. It seems when we plan, things go wrong so besides planning for our baby's arrival, we are making no other party plans till after. Makes sense to us at least.

My wife's JW mom was going to throw us a shower but because my dad is disfellowshipped, he wouldn't be allowed to come. We don't follow the JW tenants anymore so the thought is just absurd. Better to not rock the boat since she is still talking to us. 😉

Thats about it for now. I hope everyone is well and has a great summer!!!

• John Davis
    John Davis

NICU Rotation was the worst semester of my life. Peds was so much easier in comparison. I gave my mom a hug after my rotation because when I was first born prematurely I was in the NICU for a long time and I don't know how she dealt with me being in that unit and not knowing if I would live or die.+

Edit: I only say that because it will really show how strong you are as a couple and as future parents that you can deal with this situation. Hopefully, you have a good OB and a Neonatologist in case there are any issues. But doctors are also really keen on skin to skin contact with neonates and having the parents close while they are in the NICU so hopefully you have a good child leave policy at work.

• just fine
    just fine

Yay so happy for you and your wife. Here's hoping for a happy, healthy bambino.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

We are really hoping to go full term but there has been some long bone growth concerns. They may take her early if they fell she needs to come. So far we are looking at earliest 27 weeks but if the growth scan goes good then that'll buy us some more time.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Just wanted to say that I'm really cheering for you all and happy that the current news is good. I hope to see baby pics on here someday. That would be so cool.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

You know dubstepped, I should load up some of the many ultrasound pics I have 😂. All these tests have given us a weekly baby pic album.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

All the best for you guys !

Really happy for you!❤️

• longgone
    longgone

Really happy for both of you! ✨

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Yeah! Baby!

• zeb
    zeb

May bub be smothered with love.. my heart goes to you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit