Elders intervening in family issues

by gatorguy 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gatorguy
    gatorguy

Does anyone know of any good scriptures or reference articles that I can show an elder to hopefully have him stop intervening in a family issue? I already told him that I am the head of the house and that they're usurping my headship but they didn't seem to get the message

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Personally I would inform them very firmly to back off...no scriptures required! If they do not stop then threaten with legal action. Remember, they only have power over you when you give it to them!

• Saename
    Saename

Tell those fools that they are a religious institution and have no secular right to intervene. If that doesn't work, show what Geoffrey Jackson said in the Royal Commission, namely that elders should not intervene in family issues even if child sexual abuse is involved. That should scare them off.

• prologos
    prologos

I Cor 11:3, no mention of headship of elders in that family tree. ask them to work on their own families.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Does anyone know of any good scriptures or reference articles that I can show an elder to hopefully have him stop intervening in a family issue?

My favorite Book in the Bible For a Problem like that is..

The Book of BaseBall Bat..

Chapter 1..Verse 1..

Image result for man with base ball bat

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Tell them you are an apostate. Period. No more dealing with them

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

1. Proverbs 26:17 Interfering in someone else’s argument is as foolish as yanking a dog’s ears.

2. 1 Thessalonians 4:10-12 Indeed, you already show your love for all the believers throughout Macedonia. Even so, dear brothers and sisters, we urge you to love them even more. Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. Then people who are not Christians will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others.

3. 2 Thessalonians 3:11-13 We hear that some of you are living in idleness. You are not busy workingyou are busy interfering in other people’s lives! We order and encourage such people by the Lord Jesus, the Messiah, to do their work quietly and to earn their own living. Brothers, do not get tired of doing what is right.

4. 1 Peter 4:15-16 If you suffer, however, it must not be for murder, stealing, making trouble, or prying into other people’s affairs. But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by his name!

5. 1 Timothy 5:12-14 They receive condemnation because they have set aside their prior commitment to the Messiah. At the same time, they also learn how to be lazy while going from house to house. Not only this, but they even become gossips and keep busy by interfering in other people’s lives, saying things they should not say. Therefore, I want younger widows to remarry, have children, manage their homes, and not give the enemy any chance to ridicule them.

Just some thoughts.

Doc

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov
    give a clear warning message: stop interfering in your life before informing the locsl police about being stalked by religious fundamentalists.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

This is Mrs. Toes . This happened to my family as well. I quoted no scriptures. I said...."you are being intrusive, we don't appreciate it and back off." They did. When they tried again, I said the same thing. They backed off again. I will say it as many times as they try to butt into our business. We owe them NOTHING!

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

Are you a baptized witness in good standing with the congregation? If so, I'm not sure how you would tell them to f off since their role is to spy and pry. If you indeed are in, shouldn't you be listening to their advice since they were appointed by holy spirit?

If you aren't in the truf tell them to piss off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit