What song explains what you have gone through in life?

by brandnew 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Listen, Obey and be Blessed. It has a physical effect on me, it brings me out in a rash.

My Hometownruce Springsteen means a lot to me. It was the soundtrack to one of my DFs and the gulf was growing as the time got closer.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    • BTW - shut up brandnew, I happen to like that song by Foreigner so sue me! (only joking, nobody get their knickers in a knot!)
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"Brain Stew" by Greenday from the album Insomniac

I can do some major insomnia and sometimes nothing will knock me out.

Story of my life: never getting enough sleep.

My workweek goes like this: Monday is good. I've caught up on rest over the weekend.

Tuesday I'm tired, but I can still function.

Wednesday I'm really dragging. It's hard to do my job efficiently and well.

Thursday I make it through the day in a fog, and know I will have to nap after work to be able to get up Friday. However, in the past few years I have no longer been able to nap during the day. I am a zombie.

Friday the alarm goes off and I think I'm going to die. No way I'll make it through the day. I usually do, but am utterly miserable and unproductive.

Saturday I can sleep in a little, but I still don't catch up on all my lost sleep from the week. I'm mildly productive at housework.

Sunday I sleep in and finally catch up on my sleep. I feel energetic and get stuff done in the afternoon.

Then it all starts over again.

I really do often feel like "my eyes are gonna bleed" and that "the clock is laughing in my face" at night.

• brandnew
    brandnew

Sparrow.....yes devils music ha ha

Karter.....freddy is the man..😈

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Your welcome rebel
  • done4good
    done4good

If I had to pick one, (that at least describes the importance of getting on with life after JW), Vienna by Billy Joel would probably be it.

Otherwise, there are a lot more that depend on mood.

d4g

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TBcXXfzrqco

This song is nothing to do with religious faith but everything to do with self-belief, seizing opportunities and never ever giving up.

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave

Katy Perry's Wide awake dealing with this religion.

Bread's Everything I Own dealing with my moms death

Ozark Mountain Daredevil's Jackie Blue just because I love that song

Don Henley's Boys of Summer when just getting together with my husband. The greatest guy in the world❤️

• brandnew
    brandnew

Done & Xant those are two VERY interesting songs......i guess it depends on what your mood is at the time.

Groovy ☺

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Aww, that's sweet! Did you fall in love in the summer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit