When Our Calendars Were Something Else

by compound complex 20 Replies latest jw friends

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    Alan Boyle was a Patterson Bethelite. He was the head of the table that was closest to the morning worship chairman's seat.
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Diogenesister:

Compound Where else have I seen that picture it is so familiar. Not on a calendar wasn't around in those days CC

The thought I recall -- legit or not -- was the woman descending into the water was supposedly Damaris; the man baptized, Dionysius; the baptizer, the Apostle Paul.

The image very well could have been used in any one, or several, of the publications. I believe the calendar is circa '70/'71, remembering back to when I worked in the hand bindery.

Damaris was a convert of Paul; the hill in the background is Mars Hill.

• jayjay78
    jayjay78

the calenders seemed normal at the time,but looking back , everything looks so muslim

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Maybe the society can adopt a new calendar that has a tear off section where credit card details can be filled in each month and submitted to the local congregation??

Oops....maybe I have just given the GB a new idea! Tithing witness style!

• steve2
    steve2

These calendars will soon be collectors' items - so get in quick for the 2016 end edition.

Just think: 500 years into the 1,000-year reign of Christ, they will fetch a pretty penny.

• sparky1
    sparky1

My all time favorite 'Theocratic Calendar'! Sam Van Sipma told me that Rutherford finally got disgusted with the time taken away from editing the Golden Age magazine by C.J. Woodworth. Sam told me that Rutherford finally told Woodworth: 'Stop wasting time on that god damned calendar and get back to doing your job!' C.C., do you remember Sam?

• compound complex
    compound complex

sparky1:

I probably knew who he was on sight, but the name is not ringing a bell -- at the moment. I certainly know the story you refer to, however.

THANKS!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes I wish I had kept all my calendars. Like a lot of WT ephemera they are now valuable collectors items.

• steve2
    steve2

Like a lot of WT ephemera they are now valuable collectors items.

Yes that's correct. I tried to buy a mint edition of Chuck Russell's "The Divine Plan of the Ages", but the Apostle Paul outbid me.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I remember those calendars. My father framed them. And I'll admit I thought they were beautiful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit