Netherlands branch raided by police for pedophile records

by krismalone 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

A clear message, wts is not above the law.

Beside, the breaking news section of jw.org is silent about it.

G.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Gorbatchov - "...the breaking news section of jw.org is silent about it."

Telling in and of itself, IMO.

If I had to guess, I'd say they determined that any potential band-aid benefits of "persecution" martyr-spin was outweighed by the risk of rank-and-filers investigating the matter themselves (after learning about it on the website) and realizing that the Org has such an egregious, endemic, and institutionalized problem.

• careful
    careful

Thanks for the info! I'm sure they will try to cover up their past blunders in this regard by pointing to more recent, changed policies. Let's see if the Dutch government officials can see past that smokescreen.

I really had to laugh (sadly, of course) when Dekker said "that the [JW] church should look to the example of the Catholic church to dealing with complaints about sexual abuse." Fat chance of that!

• jochie
  • Darth FayDehr
    Darth FayDehr

I sent a link to this story to a PIMI Jdub. Their INSTANT response (literally a few seconds) was "well, some Bros must not have followed direction". Er, what?! The whole reason for the police raid is that the branch WAS following the direction - the direction to NOT comply with "the superior authorities" who Christian are supposed to comply with (Ro.13). This told me 2 things. (1) The instant response and irrelevant contradictory reply was a "knee jerk" reaction, a programmed response to "defend Jehovah's Borganization", and (2) like a hallucinogenic volunteer in a hypnotic trance at the command of a stage illusionist, JDubs will BELIEVE that the onion in their mouth is an apple because the illusionist hypnotist said so. I honestly fear for my friend's who are still under Watchtower's command. So sad...

• flipper
    flipper

This needs to happen at the WT headquarters in New York like Biahi stated on page 1. I second that motion. Now if we can get United States authorities to actually look into it , good luck with that. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Darth FeyDehr - "..Their INSTANT response (literally a few seconds) was 'well, some Bros must not have followed direction'..."

I suspect my Mom would respond that way, too.

She seems to believe that the Org's policy is to report allegations to the police immediately, and cooperate fully with any investigations, and that that's the reason there has been so few scandals (that she's heard of), as opposed to cover-ups and the like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit