The Society Wrote Back To Me

by johnathanseagull 17 Replies latest jw friends

• donkey
    donkey

Food at the PROPER time?

Want to eat some food that is 10 years old? c'mon you lazy bastard SLAVE you should be whipped and sent to the dungeon you good for nothing SLAVE.

Faithful? Discreet? SLAVE - oooh whip me honey!!

Have you been pounded by your SLAVE today? The SLAVE is in charge here...get with it you piece of dust.

See how well Donkey's can learn huh?

Jack

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

By the way, did the letter begin with "Dear Brother" or "Dear Sir"?

You can tell how they view you by the salutation.

• somebody
    somebody

Thanks jonathan!

I noticed the same thing you did and made a post about it here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/45260/1.ashx

I never thaought to write to the Society about it, and the answer they gave you is typical. Translated, they could have just said '"OH! that's OLD ACCRURATE KNOWLEDGE. obviously, the "generation" teaching that they fed to their followers for YEARS AND YEARS ws NEVER a Bible truth to begin with. What also amazes me is that JWs will STILL go door to door with publications that contain this inaccurate knowlege, and collect donations for it, if they have any older material in their possession/liturature room at the KH. I gave info from a Kingdom Ministry on the post I started, that told the congregation to "clean closet" and offer the old truth while out in service. MANY of the books from the 80's contain the old "this generation" WBTS teaching, yet they are still told to offer them to the public as "preaching the Good News". I just wonder what kind of an answer a JW wouldgive if on a return visit, someone who they left a book with that contained that false information would explain it away. What would they say? That there was new light since the book was published, but thank for giving a donation for this old material?

You would think that the WBTS would not publsih on their website what is now INACCURATE/FAULTY KNOWLEDGE.

peace,

somebody

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I think he's just too smart for them. They don't want someone in the organization who does any research or asks poignant questions. So they sent you a kiss off letter in a nice way.

• rocketman
    rocketman

What I find amazing is, they DID NOT even try to encourage you a LITTLE bit about studying again. No ENCOURAGEMENT AT ALL.

their true colors show, don't they

Evidently, they treated this letter as written by someone "suspicious". That's my guess.

• undercover
    undercover
    What I find amazing is, they DID NOT even try to encourage you a LITTLE bit about studying again. No ENCOURAGEMENT AT ALL.

their true colors show, don't they Evidently, they treated this letter as written by someone "suspicious". That's my guess.

Evidently, they treated this letter as written by someone "suspicious". That's my guess.

I agree with R-man. They probably guessed someone was looking to make an issue out of "the change in doctrine". The response was actually kind of snide. Well, not kinda, it was. Why answer it at all, if they were'nt going to do any better than that?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

It's not just Germany. http://www.watchtower.org/library/pr/article_07.htm still says this:

How long a time period would these last days prove to be? Jesus said regarding the era that would experience the "beginning of pangs of distress" from 1914 onward: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." (Matthew 24:8, 34-36) Thus, all the features of the last days must take place within the lifetime of one generation, the generation of 1914. So some people who were alive in 1914 will still be alive when this system comes to its end. That generation of people is now very advanced in years, indicating that there is not much time left before God brings this present system of things to an end.
  • RR
    RR

This is typical of the Society, well it's an old book, so take it off! What, can't the webmaster keep up with the new light?

This reminds me of when the Witnesses in the 1930s were going arounde selling Russell's Studies in the Scriptures, well what's wrong with that? you might ask. Well, Russll died in 1916, there were so many chnages in doctrinal and organization that by 1930, the Syudies in the Scriptures were obsolete, and did not represent what the Society taught in the 1930s, in fact the last edition published by the Society was 1927.

Apparently they found boxes and boxes of these old volumes and decided, "hey, it's a waste to dump them, let's a make a buck and sell them at a reduced price."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit