Yes, yes, yes... Stop!

by Gozz 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Gozz
    Gozz

A new rape law in Illinois attempts to clarify the issue of consent by emphasizing that people can change their mind while having sex...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/07/30/rape.law/index.html

This law sounds like incomplete... views?

• happyout
    happyout

Honestly, I don't understand how this would work. Especially since there are times during the act of sex when you don't really focus that much on the other person. So, if there has been penetration, and everything seems to be going well, but then right before the man climaxes the woman says, no, how can he stop? Granted, some men "pull out" as birth control (I hope I am not being too graphic, I don't want to get deleted), but this is not always a viable option.

I deplore the crime of rape, and I think the punishment for it should be severe, but I just don't see this working.

Happyout

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Imagine the possibilities...a wife hates her husband or boyfriend for some reason, has sex with him, says stop during intercourse, and if he 'completes', just imagine that mess (the legal mess).

ash

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

What if the MAN says stop?

• obiwan
    obiwan

Hey, I've known a couple of women that if I would have said stop, they would have ripped it off and kept it for themselves.

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

Beforemy attached days I da said yeohh!!!!!.

Now I know who cooks mah breakfast!!

She still cute tho !!!

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?
    Imagine the possibilities...a wife hates her husband or boyfriend for some reason, has sex with him, says stop during intercourse, and if he 'completes', just imagine that mess (the legal mess).

Well, I guess pretty soon people will have to draw up contracts just to have sex. Merc'

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    Well, I guess pretty soon people will have to draw up contracts just to have sex.

LOL @ Merc.

That would be an interesting meeting with the lawyer.

ash

• Francois
    Francois

This must be coming from a leftist state legislature. Most of the impossible bullshit laws come from that environment.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

What if I'm by myself and I tell myself to stop??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit