Headline: "Islamic Invasion: Europe now scrambles for guns." How true is this?

by cappytan 155 Replies latest jw friends

• kaik
    kaik

Yes, the article is correct in the way, that number of guns among population is increasing. However, there immigration is only partial story. The other part missing from the article is failed states experiencing increasingly ineffective apparatus unable to deal with almost any issue lets be economy to social security to safety. The number of guns in the Central-East Europe is increasing, and coincide with the weakening of the centralized state and public safety. Czech Republic has liberal gun laws as is it has USA. They already had mass shooting in February 2015 when retiree gunned down people in the restaurant. People are arming because they do not believe state will protect them. The number of illegal guns in Central Europe is incredible. While immigrants are generally adding oil to the fire, the trend started years earlier.

Another big unspoken fear is that present neo-communist multi-culti ultraliberal regime will crack down on civic liberties. This already caused weakening such institutions of democracy like freedom of press and speech. Germany which used to be top five most free press country slipped 14 below the Czech Republic. Press is getting censured. Discussion are blocked, and people get prosecuted by government by disagreeing with handling current migrant crisis. In region which experienced both left and right wing dictatorship, people are not ready to be put to slaughter in the name some of the social experiment. People on the left, right, and middle are arming for that specific reason.

Very simple review is how passive was public in the 90's in Central Europe and radicalization today, where you can see mass demonstration all the time. Couple years ago, a dude stolen tank in the armory in Hungary and drive to it in front of parliament buildings. In Slovenia, people burned the town halls during the riots. Similar riots against government institution happened in Latvia. East Germany experiences large violent demonstrations on weekly basis. Yesterday bunch of people were injured in Dresden. German press even does not bother to report the evens at all. Huge demonstrations happened in the Czech Republic since 2011. Once the flood gate will open, I am pretty sure Europe will experience civil war between masses and the establishment. Immigrant crisis will strain the economy which still operates bellow 20088 level. Even wealthier countries like Netherlands and Finland never recovered to the pre-crisis level.

Look for problems in the under performing economy and nothing will change that. Over the weekend, liberals were totally routed out in Poland. While Polish economy expanded by 25% since the crisis, current young Polish generation will experience significant reduction of the living standard. Bad economy, ineffective state apparatus is always receipt for disaster.

• kaik
    kaik

Another personal experience I have traveling back to Czech Republic is any visit in the Northern Bohemia and Moravia. Some places are extremely dangerous. While Prague is safe and has much lower crime rate than Copenhagen, Berlin, or Stockholm, the industrial north is overrun by crime. The government invested a huge amount of money to keep Prague safe and it is done for tourist business and visitors. Foreigner will never venture to large industrial cities in the north where people get killed, beaten, robbed, and raped all the time. Cities like Most, Ostrava, Karvina, Usti, Varnsdorf, are dangerous. Almost everyone is armed. After dark, cities are deserted. I feel often less safe there than on Manhattan. In small communities without present and permanent police force, gun can mean survival. This was not like that in the 1990's or even first half of the 2000's. Since 2011 some communities were put under militarized police control in the Czech Republic to suppress demonstrations, crime, and violence due collapsing public order.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Something that causes a lot of the problems is misinformation, propaganda, sensationalism and stating things that are simply not true.

I have read through the whole thread and some peoples opinions are stated as facts, and that is sad, those who do that know who they are. This is a free site where everybody can state their opinions and feelings, but I really think where anybody states anything as facts then they should provide verifiable information, if they cannot do that then clearly state it is their biased opinion and not based on any facts, then everything is fine.

I do live in Germany and I am happy to live in a land that is willing to assist these people in need. Looking at history it is a fact that when the crisis/war is over a vast majority of those refugees will return to their own countries. In my opinion it is therefore in our own interests (western countries) to help solve the crises in these lands, until that is done, we (the west) being the cause of much of these problems have a moral responsibility.

Going back to the original OP about people seeking more guns to protect themselves, in my opinion this is not true, but again only an opinion I have no verifiable facts. It is a fact however that the ownership of guns is not part of the European culture.

• Simon
    Simon
    I do live in Germany and I am happy to live in a land that is willing to assist these people in need. Looking at history it is a fact that when the crisis/war is over a vast majority of those refugees will return to their own countries. In my opinion it is therefore in our own interests (western countries) to help solve the crises in these lands, until that is done, we (the west) being the cause of much of these problems have a moral responsibility.

:thumbsup:

Thanks you - the response of the German people has been inspiring.

These are not terrorists or ISIS, there are people fleeing from them. They need help, nothing more. The notion that Russia is fighting ISIS is laughable - they are trying to prop up the Assad regime and distract from Ukraine, nothing more.

And the west absolutely has the responsibility to act because they caused this mess by destabilizing the whole region and then leaving it in a mess. The US and any country that supported the invasion of Iraq needs to accept the refugees created by their short-sighted and misguided actions.

The other Islamic regimes are a bunch of shits for not helping but then we already knew that.

• prologos
    prologos
    Something that causes a lot of the problems is misinformation, propaganda, sensationalism and stating things that are simply not true.

a vast majority of those refugees will return to their own countries.

Not refugees,--- but look at Berlin, Neukoelln, Kreuzberg the largest Turkish city after Ankara. Bochum/ Dortmund under quasi-shiah street law.

added yes, refugees need help deservedly, but it can be done more effectively; look at Australia's solution, without jeopardising your native population.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

prologos

The Turkish people never came to Germany as refugees, they were invited to come in the 50s and 60s as migrant workers, and we are now in the second, third and even forth generation. You cannot invite people to come to a land, give them work, give them homes and offer them citizenship and then kick them out when you no longer require them. The Turkish population should be kept out of the equation, that is a completely different subject.

• kaik
    kaik

"crisis/war is over a vast majority of those refugees will return to their own countries"

This is the funniest, most ridiculous, and naive statement on this threat.

• prologos
    prologos

Driving force, yes, that is why I said:" Not refugees," Yes Turks are even among the rabid anti-refugee activists, speakers, nevertheless they did not go home as driving force would have it. and it is good to have the german language spoken well by newcomers.

Gutemenschen creating Willkommenskultur expecting Anerkennungskultur.

I will drink to that. Prost.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    Not heard of it.
  • GodZoo
    GodZoo

Simon:

These are not terrorists or ISIS, there are people fleeing from them. They need help, nothing more. The notion that Russia is fighting ISIS is laughable -

I think the performance of the US is even more laughable..

http://www.ibtimes.com/nearly-90-those-killed-us-drones-were-not-intended-targets-during-five-month-span-2142183

I guess is depend on which version of the news you watch.

If you were genuinely running for your life from a war torn country you would find safety and asylum in the nearest neutral country to you. You would certainly not need to travel through 7 European countries merely to reach the richest.

Rather than claiming asylum in the first safe EU country they reach, most head on toward wealthy northern states.

Only 44,000 of the 213,000 refugees who arrived in Europe were from Syria. A further 27,000 new arrivals on the continent came from Afghanistan. Only one in every five migrants claiming asylum in Europe is from Syria.

Most people who are escaping the war will go to camps in Lebanon or Jordan. Many of those who have opted to risk their lives to come to Europe have done so for economic reasons.

The whole argument has been made that this influx is all real refugees from Syria whereas this adds to the substantial evidence that there are a large number of economic migrants who are aiming for a better life.

The figures from Eurostat, the EU's official statistical agency, show that migration from April to June was running at double the level of the same period in 2014. The number of Afghans lodging asylum claims is up four-fold, from 6,300 to 27,000. Another 17,700 claims were made by Albanians, whose country is at peace.

Migrants from the Balkans account for 45 per cent of asylum applications in Germany.

They outnumber genuine refugees from Syria, with 29,747 applying for asylum from Kosovo in the first five months of 2015, compared to 26,250 from Syria.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/serbia/11823259/Benefits-are-luring-false-asylum-seekers-to-EU-says-Serbian-PM.html

And why the oil-rich middle eastern countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates and etc are not an option for refugees to consider.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit