Headline: "Islamic Invasion: Europe now scrambles for guns." How true is this?

by cappytan 155 Replies latest jw friends

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

prologos:

"...no, feed them well, hunger and cold are cruel."

It's not cruelty which is guiding my thoughts but practicality.

Food for hundreds of thousands can be expensive. Also they don't have enough empty homes for all of them.

By the way, military sized tents can be insulated.

• prologos
    prologos

Village Idiot
    8 minutes ago

."It's not cruelty which is guiding my thoughts but practicality.

Food for hundreds of thousands can be expensive.

There are food surpluses. not expensive compared to 1945 prices when a bread was a week wages on the black market. No price high enough to feed the hungry, and it is being done. huddle for warmth.

The only problem I see with this scenario is with the translation of languages. This is the big problem with crime, the illegal immigrants can not be prosecuted under law, no name, no address, hiding behind the language barrier, all Syrians coming from Nigeria, Afghanistan. Kosovo.

• kaik
    kaik

There are food surpluses.

You have to consider that most of the European countries are small and can generate very small surpluses. Time when countries had significant reserves of grain, beef, and other food product is gone. It is not economical to store so much food. It is much cheaper to bring needed food from across the globe, but someone has to pay for it. The other issue will be housing. Europeans are renters (like in Germany where 2/3 people rent) unlike USA where majority people pay mortgage or own homes. This housing model will require significant public resources that I do not see it happening without widespread wealth transfers, deficits, and taxation.

Once refugees will leave migrant centers, they will end up in ghettos without any job prospect as is the case across most of Europe. Unemployment rate for young Europeans is already between 25%-40%, and Europe is losing entire generation to people who will never have stable job developing working ethics due persistent unemployment. While current welfare model eliminates extremism, it will not last forever. 83 millions of Europeans are poor. Another 48 millions are socially deprived (EU poverty). This is a huge number of 120-135 million people.

The fate for majority of the refugees will be no good job prospect, poor quality of housing, and social exclusion. Europeans will instead multicultural society promised by their ultra-liberal media and politicians are finding themselves in economic conditions known by 3rd world. Sweden, Belgium will most likely turn into 3rd world country by 2030 (Sweden will be 3rd world country in 2030.). I would say it is too optimistic. Europe is already 3rd world by visiting every capital from Paris to Helsinki or between Dublin and Athens.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

If anybody wants to know the official youth unemployment figures in Europe:

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/File:Table_1_Youth_unemployment,_2014Q4_%28%25%29.png

If anybody wants to know the official relationship of renter to owners in Germany for 2013 it was 57%/43%:

http://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/237719/umfrage/verteilung-der-haushalte-in-deutschland-nach-miete-und-eigentum/

If anybody wants to know the percentage of American households that rent there residence it is 40% and increasing every year.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/187577/housing-units-occupied-by-renter-in-the-us-since-1975/

The population of the European Union is 504 million

http://www.statista.com/statistics/253372/total-population-of-the-european-union-eu/

Just thought that somebody may be interested in these statistics.

• kaik
    kaik

I usually use Eurostats for European statistics which has reference to each country statistical office.

Home ownership in USA is higher than in Europe because it is a way for Americans to build equity and wealth over time. While the rate matched prior the real estate boom last decade (69.1% in 2005 homeownership), it is still higher than in Europe. Since its peak, the rate decreased not even by 7% in 2015 and is on level of Clinton era.

Unemployment rate for youth in EU is catastrophic. If you consider the case of Spain and Greece with 50%, Italy 42%, Portugal 33%, Sweden, Ireland and Finland have about 1/4 of youth unemployed, it is horrible number.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Unemployment rate for youth in EU is catastrophic.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, this is a very sad situation for European youth.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

I was in Düsseldorf on Sunday evening, it was a really beautiful evening, a bit cold, but really nice. A man called Arne Schmitt (you can find him in Facebook "Arne Schmitt - Music") was giving a concert with his piano, this was on Burgplatz in the Altstadt, Düsseldorf. Many people were milling around and listening and I decided to look for the "Islamic Invaders". It didn't take long for me to locate any of them because there was one standing right next to me. His friend came along and they started conversing in Arabic, after a few moments Arne stopped playing the Piano and one of these two "Islamic Invaders" went up to Arne and said something, Arne stepped back and allowed him to play his Piano, this "Islamic Invader" played wonderfully and helped to improve the wonderful atmosphere on this evening.

I walked a little but still being able to hear the piano music and I stopped to watch the people coming up a ramp leading to Burgplatz from the Rhine river, again looking for "Islamic Invaders" and there was a family of "Islamic Invaders", cheerful, father, mother and three children. As the father notice I was watching them he gave me an enormous smile, greeted me and walked on. It wasn't long before the next "Islamic Invader" came along, I saw him from a distance, it did take him a while to reach were I was, he was laboring up the ramp in his wheelchair, he had no legs.

That was my experience with "Islamic Invaders" in this Sunday evening.

On the east bank of the Rhine river looking towards Burgplatz

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    East bank of the Rhine sounds like a beautiful place to me.
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force

truthseeker

It really is a nice place, a very nice atmosphere.

• krejames
    krejames

A way to put ourselves in the shoes of refugees?

http://twobillionmiles.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit