Ice-T

Prince
    Madonna

Click the image to enlarge.

Atlantis!
  • jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

@Atlantis

Thank you so much! That link to filemail worked for me. And now I know why it didn't ring any bells with me.

@researcher1010

Michael Jackson did not apologize, he expressed regret that he offended people. The WTS did not advise people against Thriller, they told us to use good choices, meaning it was a matter of our conscience. I also saw an issue of semantics. MJ mentioned he blocked distribution for the film... that he had control over. That wouldn't have been much by that point and the film was till shown. The quote says he doesn't want to do any more Thriller and yet he was selling the album, under contract to finish his tour through December of 1984, and he never stopped performing it with the theatrics that were supposedly bad. You can find documented proof that this continued on as easily as running a basic search on YouTube. So he expressed regret and mollified the WTS but did not apologize and kept doing the very thing he said he regretted. That's not something I would take seriously... neither at the time or at any time since. The WTS is very much a do as we say, not as we do. But a lot of people don't pay attention to that, especially when it is left up to a person's conscience.

So, thanks to Atlantis' due diligence... your statements don't seem to be backed up by the very proof that you are citing. That's not good in journalism. Are you really a journalist? You should have your facts straight BEFORE you ask for anecdotal support.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The most extensive public sources for the JW experience of The Jackson family and Michael Jackson is LeToya Jackson’s books.

https://www.amazon.com/LaToya-Jackson-Shocking-Controversial-Expose/dp/0099726408/

https://www.amazon.com/Toya-Growing-Up-Jackson-Family/dp/0451174151/

Although be warned she does sometimes contradict herself.

• blondie
    blondie

This came out in the May 22, 1984, Awake, p.19-20 "“I Would Never Do It Again!”

In another popular video, Thriller, the performer is seen to transform first into a “cat person,” then a dancing “monster.” Evidently not wanting viewers to conclude that it promoted spiritism, the film begins with the disclaimer: “Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress that this film in no way endorses a belief in the occult.​—Michael Jackson.” Nevertheless, it was so realistic that some who saw it admitted that they were horrified at first. What was this short film intended to convey? And how does the performer, Michael Jackson, feel about it in looking back?

“I would never do it again!” says Jackson. “I just intended to do a good, fun short film, not to purposely bring to the screen something to scare people or to do anything bad. I want to do what’s right. I would never do anything like that again.” Why not? “Because a lot of people were offended by it,” explains Jackson. “That makes me feel bad. I don’t want them to feel that way. I realize now that it wasn’t a good idea. I’ll never do a video like that again!” He continues: “In fact, I have blocked further distribution of the film over which I have control, including its release in some other countries. There’s all kinds of promotional stuff being proposed on Thriller. But I tell them, ‘No, no, no. I don’t want to do anything on Thriller. No more Thriller.’”"

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

" leave it up to your conscience"

Thentell what your conscience should decide

• DNCall
    DNCall

Michael was associated with the East Woodland Hills (or possibly West Woodland Hills) Congregation in California. You might contact the elders there as I believe both congregations still are intact. If I can remember the elder’s name who was assigned to him, I’ll post later.

• Yomama
    Yomama

Talk to firpo carr he writes for the sentenial. A black newspaper in la.

• Yomama
    Yomama

Firpo has first hand knowledge of jackson familey knows them all.

• Yomama
    Yomama

Hes one of those 144000.

• Yomama
    Yomama

I have met him he had 3 phds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit