Quotes from 3/8/2020 WT study

by neat blue dog 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Here's just a few random observations from tomorrow's WT study:

Jesus’ command to make disciples was not limited to Christians living in the first century. How do we know? Jesus concluded his instructions to his followers with the words: “I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (Matt. 28:20)

I can't understate how ridiculous this is, because it's obviously referring to the destruction of Jerusalem. Then it goes on to say

True to Jesus’ words, today the disciple-making work is in full swing. Think of it! Nearly 300,000 people each year get baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses and become disciples of Jesus Christ!

Yes, but meanwhile OVER 300,000 people are born every day . . . And the world population currently increases by 81 million net every year!

Then there's this insidious gem about starting new income streams from even Bible studies.

When the time is right, do not hold back from mentioning the privilege of supporting the Kingdom work financially.

Finally, there's this choice bit regarding taking the Circuit Overseer with you on a study.

If you are not comfortable conducting the study in the presence of an experienced brother, invite him to conduct the study on that occasion.
  • road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Back when I conducted a book study in presence of a branch overseer. Actually a decent man, I knew the people in the group, he didnt. He was visiting family.

That was when the higher you went the more humble they became. A different breed than the current crop

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

There have always been good eggs just as there have always been bad eggs, individuals are individuals. Point is though there never was an ideal golden age of JW-dom, they've been corrupt from the get go.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The corrupt false prophets that created the Watchtower Corporation and JWorg. only make other corrupt false prophets , apostasy and sin isn't related to righteousness

• Half banana
    Half banana

Damnation! I missed out on guiding my Bible studies towards the wonderful privilege of contributing financially to the cult.

I'm sure they would have been more than thrilled not only wasting their time listening to my indoctrination sessions but they could have lost their hard earned cash as well! It would have been the icing on the cake.

And let's not forget, the JW org. is so hard up what with astronomical lawyers bills and court fines to pay -- and it is such a deserving charity after all.

How heartless and unthinking was I, to have missed out on this fine theocratic opportunity.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

But they fail to mention what happened to the 200,000 that are missing from the 2018 and the 2019 average publisher's numbers

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Making disciples--so they can waste their lives helping joke-hova to enslave the whole world? And like it is working. I bet the jokehovians will be placing more coronavirus than littera-trash in the coming months.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The whole wt "lesson" yesterday sounded like a part that used to be covered in a 20 minute q & a part on the service meeting! How to conduct a bible study and get the poor victim quickly indoctrinated!

just saying!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    True to Jesus’ words, today the disciple-making work is in full swing.

Really !!! What about Saudi Arabia and North Korea ?

• blubberyk9
    blubberyk9

Hmmm... who to listen to...?

"Give freely...." -or- ask for financial support?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit