Jehovah intervened in Russia

by Sour Grapes 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I saw the recent video that the Borg put out about the trial in Russia and how pleased the Russian brothers were that a member of the Gibbering Booty, brother Sanders, came to support them for six days. Well, there was a one-day delay in the trial which enabled the Russian Witnesses to have the Memorial in their kingdom halls. Well, brother Sanders was very quick to point out that it was very evident that Jehovah intervened to enable the brothers to celebrate the Memorial.

The problem is with the millions of letters sent to the Russian officials and the millions of prayers that were offered to beg Jehovah that the Russian court does not rule against the Witlesses, they did and now they are taking over their properties. So God could delay the trial by a day, but he could not alter the decision by the Russian court.

Sour Grapes

• steve2
    steve2

To be a believer in the answerability of prayer, one has to be highly, highly selective - and willing to overlook the monumental failures of perhaps the most pressing prayers to have been uttered.

It amazes me that even believers in prayer often settle for second best . For example, they will pray to God to comfort them in their sorrow following some tragedy, but not that God prevent the tragedy in the first place. God reduced to comforting but not intervening so that comfort over tragedy is not required in the first place. Ah,I would love God's role - provider of invisible comfort but not practical intervention, as impotent as his supplicants.

• compound complex
    compound complex

"God reduced to comforting but not intervening so that comfort over tragedy is not required in the first place. Ah,I would love God's role - provider of invisible comfort but not practical intervention, as impotent as his supplicants." -- steve2

Greetings, Sour Grapes and steve2:

The above quotation regarding God's role in the so-called answering of prayer brought this quotation to mind, in a tangential manner:

"So true it is, and so terrible, too, that up to a certain point the thought or sight of misery enlists our best affections; but, in certain special cases, beyond that point it does not. They err who would assert that invariably this is owing to the inherent selfishness of the human heart. It rather proceeds from a certain hopelessness of remedying excessive and organic ill. To a sensitive being, pity is not seldom pain. And when at last it is perceived that such pity cannot lead to effectual succor, common sense bids the soul be rid of it." Bartleby, Herman Melville.

• skin
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

The "brothers" in Eritrea [Do you even know where that is Sanderson] have been languishing in jail there for years !

What have you and your Co-obese cohorts in the Ivory Tower done for them ?

Ah.....I forgot - there are no tangible assets in Eritrea !

Such a selective God you espouse !

• smiddy
    smiddy

To be a believer in the answerability of prayer, one has to be highly, highly selective - and willing to overlook the monumental failures of perhaps the most pressing prayers to have been uttered.

So true steve2 ,that has always been a problem to me.the arguments the WT have provided is that Jehovah protects his organization and not necessarily individuals..

My question would be WHY ? dont individuals count ? in Jehovahs eyes ? or are the rank and file fodder and expendable.?

If Jehovah truly intervened in Russia wouldnt Vladimir Putin have chosen JW`s over the Russian Orthodox religion ? that he now has given his blessing to ? instead of banning them ?

The Russian Orthodox Religion is gaining a popularity unprecedented in modern times thanks to V.Putin.

Hardly something JW`s should be celebrating about in Russia.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Jehovah did intervene. Kingdom hall maintenance is expensive. GB member Stephen Lett reminded everyone this when he said: "When doing the math we found that the amount of money going out exceeds the amount of money coming in." Evidently jehovah heard the prayers of he GB and have relieved the GB of the burden of kingdom hall maintenance in Russia.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Would love to see what Hotel Sanderson was staying at, if he was staying st a Hotel, as I'd imagine it was classy.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Yes, he intervened in Russia so they could have their memorial.

He's just having more difficulty intervening in say, little girls praying to be spared sexual abuse. Also, having a little problem intervening in malaria or widespread poverty.

Really gets his priorities right does Jehovah.

Sicko.

• tiki
    tiki

Makes no sense on any level....the memorial gets a free pass...then bam....you're outlawed. And people take that as a boon from heaven? Grasping at straws...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit