Great YouTube Channel for exJWs

by Simon 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Some sensible advice presented in a rational way. Check out the channel.

A couple of the videos I've watched so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGZdy-tgHiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1xwmVjJb-o

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

A little too laisse faire for me. WT must fall. That's we say tuned.

• Simon
    Simon
    WT must fall

I think it's sensible to start with the assumption that simply isn't going to happen. Try to come up with a realistic scenario for it happening, where the org ceases to exist and everyone just goes on their way - I don't think you can.

So lets focus on what we can do - help people to exit successfully, share experiences that people can learn from and take inspiration from.

Constant "rah rah" claims that we're going to fight and destroy them is simply unrealistic and a waste of energy, plus it wastes people's lives and makes them focus on retaliation, revenge and being bitter.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

For me, the trick has been to move on and try to help where I can. Try not to be consumed at either extreme is probably best advice.. But, we have too much inside information to do nothing. The Wt. is a massive trap that captures some of the most vulnerable among us.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I would hope the internet is slowing the influx of new cult members and expediting the outflow of old members.

My 78 year old JW mom is never leaving. It is all she has as a recent widow. Her ex-JW husband, my step-dad, was her only real link to the world outside JW, and now he is gone. The cult gives her reason to exist. Sad.

She lives in an isolated area in the South (US), but she still drives, even 4 hours to Atlanta to see my brother. Still mows part of her lawn with a push mower. Still active physically and mentally.

So we still talk often, I don't try to convince her, and she doesn't me.

Snakes

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I'm totally on board with Simon. 100%. All we can do is share experiences and help people realize they have been hoddwinked all along. WE can't waste our energy hoping for the collapse of the Borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit