what a wonderful site!

by scruffmcbuff 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Hi,

Ive been reading through this forum for a while and thought I should contribute!

So im DF, i was very involved regular pioneer for several years and I slowly started to wake up.

My exprience of leaving is horendous and contains alot of shocking (but apparently not that rare in the orgs) judicials and various encounters with the elders.

Ive been out 10 years now and at 27 loving life! running a succesful business and dont all thay materialistic stuff thata frowned apon, like providing my wife and kids with a nice car and house!

I have so much to say and share but i wont bore you all with the details all at once!

i look forward to talking to you wonderful guys

Scruff

SE England

• cofty
    cofty

HI welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your freedom. Looking forward to your posts.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Hey Scruff. Welcome to the board. It can be hard to find people that 100% understand how your world view as a JW at one time continues to affect you, and shape the rest of your life once you are free. It can really be nice to have that in common with others.

I can't wait to hear your story. So you left when you were 17. Yikes!

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Welcome to the club of materialists. Very happy to have you here!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Welcome

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi Scruff a warm welcome from Leicestershire.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

I don't think I will be bored reading anything from you.

Welcome

• lara croft
    lara croft

Hey ScruffMcBuff,

I love that user name so cool. I have also known about the site for a few years. I love it there are so many different posters on here with lots of views.

I also got df'd my story is similar to a poster who I listened to her recording on this thread. https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/266620/my-jc-meeting-did-they-ri-me

Why did you get df'd if you don't mind sharing? I pioneered also for about four years.

Also I am assuming you are male with a wife and kids, but you could be female too and df'd for being gay so I don't want to assume, your avatar does have long feminine eyelashes lol

Well done for starting your own thread on your very first post

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

In response to a few of you, Yes i was 17 and I was made homeless as a result and joined the french foreign legion out of neccesity. a truely life changed exprience

It is nice to be surrounded by people who know what i (we) have been through.

I am indeed male and straight!

I was disfellowshiped for a string of offences. it started by entering a powerlifting competition which got me a visit from the elders and the way i was treated angered me any one would have thought id urinated on the bible!, one thing lead to another and i ended up having "relations" with a lady i hasten to add ;).

during my judicial I "awoke" and decided that being homeless wasnt half as bad as being trapped!

I now feel very strong and im probably an "apostate".

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Scruff........ so you were kicked out of your home at 17? Your parents couldn't wait to get rid of you. What's their status now....are they still in....do they see their grandkids?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit