“Sing Out Joyfully” to Jehovah

by wifibandit 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

haha - that's the 1984 brown song book again

I hope the molested bees are back.....

Song 125: “Jehovah Is on My Side”
    I know that in this crucial hour, My faith will yet be tested.
    Around me swarms the Devil’s crowd, Like bees that were molested.
    But I can ever beat them off, Beneath divine protection.
    On those who love to bear his name,God sets his deep affection.

Oh and the cheerful melody about "L-a-a-a-a-a-zarus lay sle-e-e-e-e-e-ping...in a cold stone grave...."

Song 102: The Resurrection Joy
    Lazarus lay sleeping, In a cold stone grave.
    How his sisters mourned him! None there him could save.

• steve2
    steve2

"I once molested a bee - but got stung.

I turned on my heels and made a mad run.

I out fled the bee - but dropped the beehive

Somethings you gotta let go to stay alive."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would rather stick with the Led Zeppelin classics. They reissued the albums, as deluxe versions--and kept the songs as was (though "D'yer Maker" was cut a second or so shorter than on the original). They added alternate versions, but kept the originals. And you should still be able to buy the original versions of these great albums, and I would recommend Physical Graffiti and IV as first priority. (And preferably before Internet II cuts them off.)

• wifibandit
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Since there were not two witnesses to the molestation of bees, they had to take that out the song book.

• sir82
    sir82

"take my silver and my gold"???

That's just...shameless.

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Which songs did they remove completely?

• steve2
    steve2

Since there were not two witnesses to the molestation of bees, they had to take that out the song book.

Sadly, the bees got stung.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Take my silver and my gold,

Nothing, Lord, would I withhold." - My Prayer of Dedication

" ' The silver is mine, and the gold is mine' declares Jehovah of armies." - Haggai 2:8 NWT Revised

According to the Bible, Jehovah seems to have plenty of silver and gold already! Why on earth are the money grubbing Governing Body (tm) so fixated on MONEY and material things. It reminds me of the old saying, 'God made man in his image and then man returned the favor.' It seems that sex and money are always on the minds of the Governing Body (tm) members and then they project their own viewpoint toward these subjects onto their 'God Jehovah' and his 'so-called' commands regarding these things.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember the old green songbook that Sparky mentions.

Does anyone know if the song Take SIdes WIth Jehovah is still in the songbook? How about that song from purple songbook that was written by a brother from Hawaii, you could tell it was straight out of Hawaii by the melody.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit