Anointed Delusions of Grandeur

by Kohanic 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The "annointed" haha yeah, the annoy-nted more like.

They convince themselves they have had an invisible annointing from an invisible holy spirit and everyone is expected go along with it

In any circumstance other than religion it be classed as a some poor sod with a delusion and the people that enable them.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Obviously the WT "Society" does not give much credence to those claiming to be of the Anointed because they have no recognition in the congregations no positions of importance or authority and no say in what happens organizationally even at the local congregational level .

And they never have.

Funny how on their death with no recognition here on earth they can then become Rulers with Christ in the Heavens for a thousand years.?

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

All I get from this anointed thing is that these folks just decided they aren't going to be with their family in paradise. Actually saying to your spouse well dear, sorry but I got a higher calling so I won't be with you and the family in the future...so let's enjoy each other now...Oh & by the way, if you think you going to marry in the new system...remember I'm watching...LOL...

Everyone feels anointed every once in a while..this warm feeling, a tingling and whatever else they feel they are anointed...good sex makes once feel anointed...just saying...

I've heard it was like oil being poured on your head... you feel your resurrection will be in heaven not like the rest of us who want to come back to earth, but before I became a witness I thought or hoped I'd go to heaven too...what's that about? I'd never earn my wings so I would be on earth most of the time anyway....scared of heights...

The anointed have been appointed already (if this is true) and the JW's ain't apart of them...poor JW's they see themselves all in the bible...everyone be glad Jesus had no kids...if some think they are anointed some of them fools would think they are his seed...

Sad

Tor

• venus
    venus

What they quote is Romans 8:16 that says 'The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God."

This is a tricky sentence because anyone can hear internal voice which can be mistaken as God's voice. Joyce Mayor always says "God told me ..." So are all Pentecost Pastors. Even George Bush said that God told him "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Don't know but when I first came in there were 9,000 odd of them claiming to be so and that number is now 18,600 odd!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

remember also----the annointed are all virgin males ( sorry ladies )--each from the 12 tribes of Israel.

no--wait--i think that bit is symbolic---or is it literal-?----i cant remember. or maybe the whole thing is symbolic --including the number 144,000------which coincidentaly is 12,000 each from the 12 tribes of Israel. so its like another perfect number.. there ya go GB--sorted. new light time ?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Tor 1500:-

a tingling and whatever else they feel they are anointed...good sex makes once feel anointed...just saying.

dunno about that--i just thought sex was a pain in the arse--till i discovered women.

• MrHappy
    MrHappy

When we have faith in Christ and take up our life looking to him as our King and Shepherd I think that this person could be said to have heard the voice of the Spirit and that his own spirit calls out "Abba, Father". If we are waiting around for an audible voice or some form of spiritual ecstasy then we will have been confused.

The problem for us is that we have allowed ourselves to be confused by a teaching of 144,000 number with a little flock going to heaven and a great crowd living on earth. This teaching is a result of materialist thinking which cannot understand spiritual matters and like the pharisees 'shuts up heaven'.

Many throw the baby out with the bath water because they cannot get past a materialistic viewpoint on the scriptures. This is a stage we can pass through with effort in challenging our thinking. Faith is not a possession of all it can only be cultivated in freedom. Now that we have gained a measure of freedom from religious dogma we can, if we want, move on to Christ like faith.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The one anointed person I net multiple times, was seriously odd. His wife is a delightful, happy, laughing and kind person. He would stand around stone faced all the time, and barely talked. His main goal in life was to be an Elder, but he was never chosen.

He would chastise his delightful wife for not being serious enough. He was stingy with the family's money to the point she barely had enough to buy groceries. My Mother in law would by her meat each week.

He had diabetes and refused to care for himself, claiming Jehovah would eliminate all suffering. He died from liver failure. His daughter also had a liver disease, on a transplant list, too sick to fly, and due to refusal of blood, refused the liver offered to her by a local Dr. She left a young teen son, and just adopted her brothers infant.( the mother is a drug addict.)

He shunned is son, in a very obvious manner. I don't know the reason, but I saw the action. It was cold and mean.

The one thing this anointed man did that made me feel better about him, was he did leave a large savings to his wife and not give it to the society. She was not left destitute.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

How do the 'anointed' come to the conclusion that they are chosen? Is it some weird collective delusion of grandeur and how is it manifested in such ones?

Im especially curious as my hall has 2 'anointed' ones and they are both kind of weird in terms of personality and mannerisms. Thoughts?

Their invisible friends tell them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit