Comments You Will Not Hear at the 8-3-03 WT Study

by blondie 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Cat, yes, 99% of the JWs are all talk when it comes to Christian love. They just point to the experiences in the magazines and think somehow that takes care of their personal responsibility.

Hi jgnat, I could never understand why JWs didn't put themselves in the place of the ones they call on. I remember a sister telling me that she had been bothered by 2 Mormons who stopped by at an inopportune moment. I looked at her surprised and said why because we do that too. Didn't she invite them in to discuss the Bible. She looked at me like I had lost my mind. They just don't get it.

Blondie

• Panda
    Panda

Blondie, Thank you very much for your hard work. I am amazed at how the WTS has NOT changed in its directions to the borg. Your research is welcomed! I consider the work that YOU do as loving and considerate.

Gosh so many loving brotherly actions to tell ...which one to choose? Okay, how about this for a love fest... One brother(not of the moneyed in-crowd) had to have surgery and had both of his legs amputated. He was miserable, and no one did a thing to help him and his wife. If he had a meeting part there was a big to do to get him on stage in his wheel chair. Nothing was made easier for him NOTHING.

THEN... another better connected bro had a tree fall on him and he was paralyzed and confined to a wheel chair. Well, we quickly had a ramp up to the stage and meals co-ordinated and planned to be delivered everyday of the week. Even though this family had youth on their side, nice home etc. They got the attention and LOVE which should have been given to ALL, right?

After I left the borg (I went to college abroad) no one visited my husband after he stepped down from eldering. No one invited him over , yet he was still IN, they still had him and let him go (oops thats wrong.. some good friends who also left the hen house invited him over for some company and dinners) It was sad. When I returned to the USA I got 1 visit from an older brother. He asked if there was any way I'd come back "Nope" and that was that.

Once again Blondie thank you for your love in its many expressions!

• blondie
    blondie

Panda, thanks for your praise.

See, this is the sticking point for me, why I stopped going, the lack of love in the congregation. Your example is a prime one.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit