A real "Governing Body"?

by OHappyDay 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• warrior
    warrior

Let us remain 100% LOYAL TO THE CONSECRATED MEN & WOMEN OF BETHEL!!!!!!! Idle questionings only serve to UNDERMINE RIGHTEOUSNESS!!!!!!!!!

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Douglas Miller,

And this is said with no respect whatsover, and I might add, without the slightest bit of regret or remorse,

There may come a time when you comment on this site with good intentions, but, until that time, I suggest (my opinion only, I might add) that you drag your sad, sorry, and hypocritical saggy black arse back to the kingdom hall, where obviously you are having doubts as to the worth of your attendance there, and tell the elders that you have been visiting, and participating (i.e. having fellowship with) in discussion with apostates, and just see how much they appreciate your efforts.

cheeses - who wishes you could only receive a good farkeling.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Ummmm...Warrior...

My loyalty is to God, not man.

I think you're putting us on. If you are for real, then what your organization produces is scarier than I ever imagined.

Coffee

• hooberus
    hooberus
    I have very grave reservations with respect to any person who who would question those of BETHEL! Satan often clouds the minds of persons not grounded in the BLESSED SCRIPTURES. Let us hope that the person who made this posting shall in humility cast off their moth-eaten revolting vesture & attain the ROBES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS by submitting to those whom THE MOST HIGH has placed in authority over the CONGREGATION OF THE FAITHFUL, Respectfully Submitted, Douglass Miller

I have very grave reservations with respect to any person who who would question those of ROME! (Which has a "governing body" composed of older men) Satan often clouds the minds of persons not grounded in the BLESSED SCRIPTURES. Let us hope that the person who made this posting shall in humility cast off their moth-eaten revolting vesture & attain the ROBES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS by submitting to those whom THE MOST HIGH has placed in authority over the CONGREGATION OF THE FAITHFUL, Respectfully Submitted, I have very grave reservations with respect to any person who who would question those of SALT LAKE CITY (Where the Mormon Church has apostles and older men)! Satan often clouds the minds of persons not grounded in the BLESSED SCRIPTURES. Let us hope that the person who made this posting shall in humility cast off their moth-eaten revolting vesture & attain the ROBES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS by submitting to those whom THE MOST HIGH has placed in authority over the CONGREGATION OF THE FAITHFUL, Respectfully Submitted,

• hooberus
    hooberus
    Let us remain 100% LOYAL TO THE CONSECRATED MEN & WOMEN OF BETHEL!!!!!!! Idle questionings only serve to UNDERMINE RIGHTEOUSNESS!!!!!!!!!

The January 15, 1970 Watchtower p. 37-40

"Which Comes First- Your Church or God?"

"The "first man" represents the believers who remain faithful to their church out of loyalty to the religion they were brought to believe in. Thier attitude is: Right or wrong, it is my religion! Is that the way you feel? If so, you are certainly a loyal person. But to whom do you owe the greater loyalty-to your church, or to God? With so much disbelief rife throughout the earth, you are to be commended for maintaining your faith, but where should your faith be placed-in a religious organization, or in God?" p.37

"The "second man" mentioned in the Nouvel Observateur represents those Catholics and Protestants who stay with their church because they do not know where else to go. They havebeen taught that their church represents God, and they do not want to turn away from him. They disapprove of many church practices or doctrines, but they hope to reform their church from within. Typical of these are the 744 French Catholics who, in November 1968, sent a long open letter to the pope. In it they stated: "Today the Christian needs to live in a 'true' Church . . . Therefore all that is false, contrary to the Gospel and scandalous within the Church today wounds the Christian." Then followed a long list of grievances against the Catholic Church and it current teachings and practices. Yet, toward the end, these catholics expressed their unconditional adherence to their church by alluding to John 6:68 and stating: "Who could we go to? In her [the Roman Catholic Church] we find the One who has words of eternal life." p.39

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

Ha, ha, sounds like a put-on to me. The vocabulary is not even Witness-speak. Sounds like a 1920s Bible Student or something.

Anyway, anybody can be self-anointed, self-consecrecated, and self-appointed to speak for God. That doesn't mean anything to God, no more than the babblings of the preachers who get up in the pulpit and proudly announce, "God spoke to me this morning."

The Watchtower Society taught me to question men and organizations. They did not have themselves in mind, but yes, I have to question them, too.

No organization died for me. Only Christ, so my allegiance is to him.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice,

You [Holy_Jesus_The_King_of_the_acidic_juice] said [highlight mine]:

that you drag your sad, sorry, and hypocritical saggy black arse back to the kingdom hall

What was the point of the racist-like slur?

Gamaliel

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Gamaliel,

I really don't feel the need to explain myself or comments, but since I am in such a sympathetic mood, I shall -

The comment carried no intent of racial slur - it merely conveys the thought of 'dirty', 'tainted'.

cheeses - who can't help himself from being such a 'black' bastard at times.

Gamaliel - does this mean that you may not love cheeses anymore? I care.

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Pete

If you wish to delve into the fray of this debate go to the Jesus Mysteries discussion group at Yahoo and subscribe to receive daily debate and discussion. It's free

I just joined. Are you the same name there?

Gumby

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel
    The comment carried no intent of racial slur - it merely conveys the thought of 'dirty', 'tainted'.

Cheese,

Well, that's why I had to say racist-like slur, because this was the exact (and anticipated) explanation used by a US Southern white politician who accidentally let slip the American version that same expression

cheeses - who can't help himself from being such a 'black' bastard at times.

In that expression, "black bastard," I wouldn't have even questioned it. The typical way to make it offensive to blacks in a lot of English-speaking countries is to say it the way you did the first time "your...black arse" or any colloquial variant on the word "arse." I was just a little surprised to see that it might still be considered "PC" enough for common usage down under.

Gamaliel - does this mean that you may not love cheeses anymore? I care.

Anymore???

Gamaliel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit