Extra Junk in the Trunk?

by rem 30 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

In all fairness, I can understand where Rem is coming from. I felt that way too at one time. Until I gained weight myself and realize it's not reasonable to expect a person to never change.

But I think he's talking about a person no longer caring about their appearance whatsoever. Like some people who gain weight don't take showers (I have a SIL like that). They smell. She'll go to a wedding with dirty hair, etc. Doesn't wear nice clothes, wears her makeup for two days in a row. Things like that that go along with gaining weight. It's more than a weight gain, it's an attitude change. I'm assuming this is what Rem is talking about.

Funkyderek, I hope you never lose your hair or your teeth or have an accident and lose an arm or anything like that. I mean after all if your girlfriend wanted a bald, toothless guy she would have dated one, dontcha think?

Life is full of unexpected surprises. Some pleasant, some not so pleasant. I'm all for taking the good with the bad. If I lost 20 lbs. I would be happy and so would my husband. And I'd be happy if he lost some weight too! But life goes on. It's not a make it or break it type of thing for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit