JWD "Chat": The Best Way To Meet On-The-Fence JWs. So Where Are The "Expert

by SpannerintheWorks 16 Replies latest jw friends

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

I've only started posting in "Chat" the last couple of months and it has come to my notice that, very often, JWD

chat is the first place that sitting-on-the-fence JWs go to. So where are all the Watchtower "experts."

You know who I mean. I have not met one of those that are considered "a genius," to appear on chat,

the situation where they would have the greatest respect and influence! Why?

I've only spent most of the last 11 years researching the Watchtower Society, and I have helped, I believe, some

Newbies who have been on Chat (if not the main Forum, and others).

I sometimes wonder what impact our "JWD Experts" could have had on them!

Is there any particular reason why these posters stay away from "chat", where they could have a

phenominal influence, yet post freely

on a fairly benign, and ordinary thread?

Spanner

• obiwan
    obiwan

Spanner your a bad, bad boy....you know what I mean.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Krusty, you are a bad, bad boy, you know what I mean?

Spanner

• obiwan
    obiwan

Oh yeah

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

I just hope that the posters on JWD will take this seriously. It is a serious issue.

Spanner.

• obiwan
    obiwan

Sorry....I do think that the one's who stir things up the most, also don't want to be " face to face" with anyone for fear they will be exposed. I chat just as in daily life you must be quick witted, on your toes so to speak. When your on a forum you get a minute to reply and really think about it in depth. Most people don't have that snappy come back instantly.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    You know who I mean. I have not met one of those that are considered "a genius," to appear on chat, the situation where they would have the greatest respect and influence! Why?

I've only spent most of the last 11 years researching the Watchtower Society, and I have helped, I believe, some Newbies who have been on Chat (if not the main Forum, and others).

I sometimes wonder what impact our "JWD Experts" could have had on them!

Is there any particular reason why these posters stay away from "chat", where they could have a phenominal influence, yet post freely on a fairly benign, and ordinary thread?

Some would attribute it to a lack of time or interest. Many of the people I believe you speak of have been on this site for years.

If newbies who need information regarding JW's take the time to join this forum to join chat and read threads, then they can also take the time to use the search feature and find old topics with invaluable information to help guide them. Someone cannot always take people by the hand and lead them. If they joined this site, then they already took the first step.

http://www.quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com

• jgnat
    jgnat

I go in chat to relax. The format is not for everybody. ...and no way one of AlanF's missives would fit on there. Besides, every time we get serious, Old Crow Woman disappears in to the reeds.

• heathen
    heathen

Well , In their deffense I would have to say that chat does not always emulate education and interesting conversation . I noticed that alot of times when people go to chat and are identified as trolls they are treated rudely and run off the board all together by alot of posters around here .

• Simon
    Simon

I think some friendly words of support and understanding work wonders. If people want to read discussions of doctrine then there are plenty of those that they can look at on the forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit