Witness and Agnostic - Not a perfect match...

by Mike Ferguson 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

((((((mike)))))

you know, this guy was lucky to know you. he obviously really needs people who actually care about his well-being, which you do. it seems like he really wants something better than what the witnesses are offering, but feels he has to 'settle' for what they can give him. i went through a really similar situation not that long ago, actually..i have a really good friend that i had been e-mailing for a long time, we both are recovering from EDs and we were sort of each others' support system, and then one day out of the blue she couldnt talk to me anymore, that she didnt want to get better and the struggle was too much, etc etc etc...and i was REALLY heartbroken not only because i cared about her and wanted her to get better but also because i needed her to be there for me as well....anyhow, i really thought i would never hear from her again, but then one day a few months later i got an -mail from her saying she was getting better and she was sorry she severed ties with me, and she's become one of my best friends ever since. moral of the story - maybe one day this kid will realize that he can do better than 'the truth', and realize what a great friend he had in you. i hope so, anyway.

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

YUCK!

• smurfette
    smurfette

Your post caught my eye because my dad was an agnostic biker & my mom's a JW. They were definitely not a perfect match!!!

I think you were dead on in assessing that love and fear are the 2 major factors in a JW's life and that's what keeps them "in". I'm sorry your friend decided not to keep in contact with you anymore but I doubt you will be far from his thoughts. Usually (at least in my experience) when they cut contact like that it's because you really struck a chord and he can't deal with the impact of having to alter his lifestyle because of it.

He does sound so sad in his letter. I just hope he has at least 1 friend as good as you seem to have been to him within the tower.

-Margy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit