If only I had known !!!

by gambit 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    (actually, I don't believe in coincidences)

Neither did Sherlock Holmes.

you must live in heaven...

(thinking quickly .... what did I say?)

Wow gambit, I can't wait to read your personal story. That's quite a story just now. If you were codependent, then you must indeed have quite a lot of feelings bottled up. Listen, just take it slow, let it come all come out the way it's supposed to. And if you need to, please feel free to post about what's going on. It sounds like you've been on a roller coaster but things do even out eventually.

I'm glad you're here, but I'm even more pleased you seem to be facing some issues in your life.

WELCOME GAMBIT!!!

• gambit
    gambit

Brummie -- Thanks for the welcome and the PM tip.

Just to set the record straight -- I don't know jgnat, but she PM'd as soon as she saw me on the sight... Thanks jgnat, I would have lurked a very long time without that little nudge. It took a lot for me to make that 1st post.

Thanks for the welcome unique1, arrowstar, leslieV.

LadyLee -- if I can return a quote that someone who has obviously made a positive difference in many lives (just based on what I've read here), "Thanks for your kind words and I look forward to getting to know you better."

Hamas -- thanks. I will check out the site you listed. Do you have an affiliation with escape?

outnfree -- thanks... A big time poster, with a lot to say... very encouraging.

bigtex -- lets see, what does heaven look like... Living on a paradise island; the picture tells me that you have recently been introduced to your second childhood; your stories tell me that you have a compassionate heart; and if I'm not mistaken, you have an intelligent, tender, and lovely companion in life that will forever let you be that little kid inside... sure sounds like heaven to me... seriously tex, it sounds like you've been through a lot, as well as your wife, and yet you still offer all you have to give... I admire that and hope to get through the next few years with that fire still burning inside me.

I really do mean it.... thanks...

gambit

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Wow, it sounds like you have been doing some reading. Good for you. I did the same thing when I first came on the board and it really helped me.

As for a second childhood, well not exactly. When I was in therapy I discovered my inner child and that's my avatar. That little guy and I have been through a lot. I spent my 20s being alternatively angry and sad, so I do understand your situation very well. From what I've seen so far you're doing just fine. Unfortunately getting the poison out is difficult and painful, but it is a necessary part of healing. When you get to the other side you'll discover you are the same person as before, just different.

But you're right, Nina is the love of my life. As for everything else, well I believe you receive what you send out, so maybe I'm just selfish, eh?

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you. Be well.

Chris

• gambit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit