Help!! Learn from the Great Teacher book...and some legal advice....

by Bona Dea 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blindfool
    blindfool

Hello Bona,

I probably don't need to tell you this. You seem smart enough to know better. But, don't argue dates on the fall of Jerusalem with you husband. Talk about a waste of time and energy!!!

Geez JC, don't you realize that most scholars date the fall of Jerusalem at 586 or 587 BC anyway??

I think your best advice came from people who had been in your situation. If your husband wants a divorce, make him pay. He is responsible for his children. He can't just walk away. He can't keep you away. Its his problem and he may not realize how willing the courts are to make him be responsible.

If there is one thing we don't have a shortage of in the USA its lawyers. Find a good one!!!

• unique1
    unique1
    pg 241, this is the last one I'm going to bring up today because I'm running out of time here. It is a picture of some families at what looks like a beach or water park or something, having a good time together. The caption reads, "Why should we not just be thinking about having fun?" Good grief. These poor kids. A portion of the surrounding article entitled, "Water Destroys a World -- Will it Happen Again?":

"Now, remember, Jesus said that what happened to those people [the flood] is a lesson for us today. What lesson can we learn?-- Well, people were destroyed not only because they were bad but because many were just too busy to take the time to learn about God and what he was going to do. We need to be careful that we are not like them, don't we?"

OH MY GOD!! FOR REAL???? I haven't seen this book. Jesus no wonder all us JW raised kids are screwed in the head a little bit if this is what we were fed when we were children.

There is alot of info on freeminds.org such as: http://www.freeminds.org/psych/growinup.htm OR http://www.freeminds.org/psych/kidphob.htm

• rik
    rik

I think children are very smart--the witnesses will want them to conform--will force them to conform the older they get.Always be there for them, let them speak freely ,create an enviorment where they can be themselves{within reason} without fear of being pulled into the back ROOM.IMPORTANT be a good example yourself--a person who can make good decisions without a cult.Many times people fall into the trap of being labeled Enemies of God by JW's by opposing them head on,thus clouding the issue for your children.I know from experience[4th gen X-Witness} I was one of these children.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Dea,

And I was a jw for 30 long years. I'm sorry - just an apology for us in general.

I'm private messaging you with a phone number which might help you. What state are you in? I'm in South Carolina.

The strange part of it is that the elders and their spies didn't see any acts of adultery firsthand. But they reached a decision by "circumstantial evidence."
    Yet, in the child abuse cases, the elders refuse to take the world of only "one" witness even when circumstantial evidence abounds.

What an observation!

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Just pm'd you.

• Panda
    Panda

Bona, I've seen this before... If the husband wants to separate he must leave the house, ALONE. He will try to get you to leave but DO NOT do that.

Once he has abandoned you and the children (Whose minds and physical well-being you are fighting for) Go to Social services (or make an appointment) He will be served notice that he has a legal obligation to support his x-household. You are a stay at home Mom why should you change that? You have no responsibility to cause even more upheaval to your childrens lives (by getting a job just now) than their father has already done.

Then expect the true money loving bastard to reveal himself." Honey I want to come back" " I can't make it paying all your bills and mine." Don't let this happen. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN. Why? Because you will have to go through this process all over again.

You'll get a lawyer, don't worry. The consultation is usually free. Make sure that your lawyer has all of the same material his lawyer will have ie., the JW child custody pamphlet , the scary cult publications and anything else like articles which discuss your issues. Make certain that you get a psychological test on your husband (in most states you can demand this and he's definitely new enough to go spouting JW propaganda). BTW the husband probably already has the JW child custody pamphlet.

You will get through this. You have strength and support of millions who recognise what is being done to your children. You're smart.

Big Panda hugs to you.

"Our day will come old friend, just not today."

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I think he wants to wait until you get a job so he'll have to pay less child support. You need a dissomaster done up right now. And you can get it for free from a lawyer's first consultation.

Secondly, I agree that arguing bible doctrine is a complete wasto the timo!

Thirdly, don't wait until the divorce is on its way. Begin studying with BOTH YOUR CHILDREN NOW NOW NOW!!! You have to ask them probing questions to get them to see how silly this religion is.

i.e., Why are birthdays wrong just because some very old men in Brookyn New York say so? Do you think God comes and talks to them? Do you think maybe they are crazy? Do you think maybe they are lying to your dad? Do you like the meetings? Why are they boring? What would you rather do than go to those meetings? Do you think Jesus would be happy if you were having fun? Do you think Jesus wants you to be happy in your childhood? Does Jesus love little children? Why would Jesus want little children to have to waste their time going to boring meetings? etc. etc.

INOCULATE THEM RIGHT AWAY!!! Then fight for custody.

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

Any update to this story? This poster seems to have vanished.

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

Hi,

I guess I should post an update

Things are basically still the same. I am looking for a job right now, with no luck. I have been substitute teaching to make a little money, but it's not enough (or consistent) to support me and the kids. Hub's not going to take any action until I find a job. And I can't hire a lawyer until I have some money. Frankly, I am ready for him to go. He has been unbearably cold, snide, and even more distant than he already was prior to baptism.

He has informed me that he is going to try to get joint custody of our daughter. I don't really know what his chances of succeeding are, but I honestly don't see how it could be good for her. And from what I've read about joint custody, it's almost never given because it's rarely in "the best interest of the child," mainly because the child winds up being juggled back in forth in a 50/50 tug-of-war between the parents, and the child never feels like he/she has a home. It is generally only awarded to parents who can agree on everything regarding the child, as well (and I don't see this happening EVER, as this is one of our MAJOR issues). I really don't understand why he's doing it (well, actually I have a couple of ideas of why). I don't doubt that he loves her, I know he does, but surely he realizes that this would not be good for her. This child, if any child, needs stability. She was one of the main reasons I came back last time I left him. She would say she wanted to go "home." Our home is where her bed, her toys, her things, her life had always been. And he was there, and I wasn't. And when I left her there with him, she peed on herself. Even still, she would beg to go see daddy because he was at "home." And I'm not saying that she doesn't love him, I'm just saying that it is obvious that a child needs a place that they call "home," and they need the elements in place that make it their home. Whether she would have peed on herself had the tables been turned, and it had been me at "home" in place of dad, I can't say for sure; but she never wet herself when she was with me.

Another reason I can't understand is why he is insisting on this is because he can't even get home in time to spend any time with them now. He hardly sees her as it is. Does he think that his workload or his little JW cohorts are going back-off and stop expecting the same from him as he's giving them now, just because he has a child at home to take care of? What will he do with her on the nights he has to work as late as 3 a.m.? Or even the nights he works until 8-9 p.m. (which is almost every night except Tues and Thurs)?

Oddly though, he can get home just in time to eat a quick meal (usually around 6:30), have a quick bible study with the kids (his idea of "spending time with the kids"), and make his meetings on Tues and Thurs nite; but every other night of the week, he can't get in until around 8 or 9 (and the kids are already in bed)? His work hours are supposedly 8-5. Then he complains about never seeing the kids. Talk about screwed up priorities. He can make the effort to be home in time to attend meetings, but not to see his own kids? And he wants joint custody? Why? Vengence? Spite? Because he thinks he is entitled to it? Because he doesn't want to pay child-support? Because he truly loves her? All of the above? All of which are completely selfish and show no concern for her best interest, but rather his. He doesn't even spend time (or, IMHO, make an effort to) with them now. On weekends, he is gone all morning Sat and Sun until about 12:30/1:00, and then sometimes he goes back to work and works until nighttime. The time he does spend with them on weekends, he always has a tag-along friend (a-whole-nother story).

Sorry for the rant. This whole situation is b e y o n d insane.

I will try to keep things updated, but there will probably not be any progression until I find a job. Wish me luck...

Sadie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit