On My 1st Anniversary, THANK YOU!

by Swan 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

Dear Friends,

This is my one year anniversary here on this board and I have really enjoyed it. I have gotten to know many of you well and have even had the privilege to have met some of you live and in person.

I don't always agree with everything you say, but I enjoy that you are here to say it, and that you all don't say the exact same thing (like members of a certain cult-like religious group I used to belong to).

Most of all, thank you for tons of moral support during a difficult year. When my niece died at 18 in a car crash last summer, it was very difficult for me. I last saw her when she was 10 during the time when I DAed myself. So it has been a tough year.

So many are still here from when I started, some have moved on, and so many are new and I am just getting to know them. I won't list you all by name, because there are just hundreds here that have helped me, talked with me, listened to me, and been kind to me. I will invariably I will leave someone out. Besides, you know who you are.

Back when I was in that certain cult-like religion I was told about evil and vicious apostates who only care about how many people they can lead away from the "Truth." Apostates were just a step below demons and were just like them in the way they always were seeking to tear down Jehovah's people. They were lost Satan the Devil, and there only purpose was to lead as many astray as they could, and then abandon them without mercy. For many years after DAing I still half believed those lies and avoided groups like this. Thank goodness I didn't turn away when I found "apostate" websites a year ago. The led me here.

Instead of demonic followers of Satan, I have found merciful, kind, and caring people who are united in the pain that they have felt at the hands of a merciless high-control group. They know what pain that can bring to a person, and they do what they can through words and deeds to help each other.

To all who have helped me this past year, whether you are new here or not, whether you are still here or gone on to other things, thank you so much. I hope I have been able to help you just as so many of you have helped me.

Thank you.

Tammy

• Hamas
    Hamas

Happy Birthday, Swan !!!

I'm glad you like it here. I can relate to what you have said in this post.

Peace to you, my friend.

• little witch
    little witch

happy day, happy day!!!

Glad to have you here, Swan.

Congrats, DearHeart

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

WHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO Happy Anniversary

• no one
    no one

Happy Anniversary, Tammy.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Tammy:

Happy Anniversary to You!

Mrs. Shakita

• cat1759
    cat1759

Happy Anniversary Swan!

Glad you found the original truth.

The truth will prevail.

The kingdom halls are the apostates.

They are a good mirror of what not to be like.

Cathy

• rocketman
    rocketman
    Instead of demonic followers of Satan, I have found merciful, kind, and caring people who are united

You mean the folks here are not demonic followers of Satan? Heck, that's a letdown! All this time I thought I was hanging with S.T. Debbil's minions. I'm disappointed!

Just playing Swan, and happy anniversary!

• Princess
    Princess

Happy day Swan! Hope to see you next week.

Rachel

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Swan, Happy Anniversary. (Feliz aniversario) Caballo Sentado

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit