What does it really mean to "have love among yourselves"?

by micheal 13 Replies latest jw friends

• micheal
    micheal

If you ask any active witness most will say they are the only true religion because they have love among themselves. But not going to war and killing another JW or going anywhere in the world and getting a free meal is fine but it does not constitute a true love among themselves.

Forgotten is all the backstabbing, all the varying statuses within themselves and the never ending criticism that they have within themsleves. Never mind if a person becomes publicly reprooved, not disfellowship, but reproved they are still basically shunned and looked down upon. One brother told me after I was publicly reprooved, " Most will treat you like you are disfellowshipped". Boy was he right. So what does it really mean to have love among yoursleves and what other ways do jw's disqualify themselves from doing so?

• minimus
    minimus

It really means having love among "yourselves", therefore excluding you, the sinner. Remember, the Watchtower has lamented that we are not still living in the good old days of Israel where a sinner could've been stoned to death for his failures.

• SisterLiz
    SisterLiz

It means nothing to them, it's total crap. It's what they preach but obviously don't practice. They show "love" when it suits their purpose, it's a pitch, a phony and deceiving selling point. What they really mean is kiss our ass and blindly follow us and we'll "love" you. Question us or stir up shit and beware of the consequences. We wont play with you anymore.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

What it MEANS is:

Shoveling out a snow filled driveway for your elderly neighbors,

Taking your neighbor to the store when her car is n the shop,

Talking to your friend to convince them to NOT commit suicide;

Giving a ride to an elderly person, that you do not know, to bring home their groceries,

Being by someone's side when they are going through some tough times,

Inviting everyone to your party;

Calling people you have not seen for awhile and seeing how they are;

Not judging;

Not telling;

Not being rude.

That is what love is all about: just doing the things that you would like people to do for you. Very simple, really...

CG

• micheal
    micheal

I guess when it comes right down to it, JW's are the biggest hypocites around. They say so much but do very little.

• Odrade
    Odrade
    Calling people you have not seen for awhile and seeing how they are;

one of my biggest beefs. No one calls out of concern. If they do, it's just to check up on you and tell you to turn in your time.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hi

I wondered these things myself, for a time.

I had questions galore. I used to keep thinking ...

Yes, but the bible says this

and

yes, but the bible says that

..and I used to wonder what all these things meant.

Then one day, I was sitting back in my chair, pondering on all these difficult issues, and I thought

you know what, I don't give a shit

And from that day on I haven't.

Peace to you.

• kls
    kls

It means saving their own asses.The way jws feel we are actually walking dead.They could care less about any of us ,they want to save themselves.Yes,they love only them selves.They are biding their time till we are offically dead and they are all together in their paradise . I tell my jw husband why does he communicate with me when i am a corpse.Such Love!

• Confucious
    Confucious

Michael,

The JW love is so shallow.

The GREAT LOVE is there. But only until they get baptized.

The JW are so programed to love others and HATE their own.

When I mean, THEIR OWN, I don't mean the newcomers or even the ones on the outskirts. It's the TRUE ONES OF THEIR OWN.

It's the Pioneers amongst Pioneers. It's the Elder's amongst Elders.

Yes, there is so called "love" for Bible Students and those "under" them. But put them on equal footing and they hate one another.

I've seen it.

I remember, one young girl, who was Aux Pioneering and all the other Pioneers where "Wooing her" to Regular Pioneer.

They were so kind to her. Similar to when a person first starts to study.

Then after she signed up, they gave her HELL.

And that "we have love because we don't go to war." Well if that was the case, guess what???

The Amish are also the true religion.

True love, true Christianity. True Love that Jesus showed, is reflect in our day to day activities.

Confucious

• micheal
    micheal

I wonder how many active jw's believe that there is genuine love among each other. For many of them they "love" only because they have to. Which I guess is not really love at all. I'm sure if they had the chance they would rip each eyes out. I was in a number of congregations over the years and EVERY one that I was in, it was all the same. The negative speech about one another, it was truly remarkable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit