Do You Think That As A Poster You Can Make A Difference In Someone's Life?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Talesin mentions that it was a big step to post here. When I decided to post after much lurking, I tried to be very, very careful. I was a tad intimidated by the posters. After all I was in "apostate territory". But I'm quite glad that I posted and asked my questions. This place is a lot of fun and is probably the hottest anti-JW place in the world.....Thank you Simon.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I just have a short answer... I hope so.

• Francois
    Francois

I think as a poster I have already made a difference in someone's life on account of they've already told me that I have; actually more than one. Usually, the topic they say I've helped the most with is the concept that the governing body is NOT GOD, not even close.

The second area is that they are bona fide children of God in their own right and have every right to claim all the priviledges of sonship when praying to their father. And it's marvelous to watch these children of God realilze it.

And then of course there's all the good hanging with your friends that can't be beat. That's nice too.

• onacruse
    onacruse

I agree with many others who've said we have a good mix of posters here. Those who post more "vigorously" get us to think, sometimes really hard, about long-held beliefs. Those who post along "lighter" veins give us the breathing space to relax and enjoy our new-found companionship.

A powerful combination that has definitely made a huge difference in my life.

Craig

• Jayson
    Jayson

I don't know Minimus. You have effected me in the way I interact with people; You and a few other admitted elders. I have realized that through your and their words to me how I lack patience with people. This comes across as hostile or belittling. It's not my intent but is something that I do; Something I should work on. So yeah, you have made a difference in at least one person here for the better.

Thank you

• wednesday
    wednesday

Before finding Silent lambs and this board, i felt such shame at even existing. Reading posts form others has helped me feel "ok" with myself. JWs took away all my self esteem and many on this board have helped retun it. I'm glad u started this thread, b/c i want to thank all who post here. In one way or another u have all helped.

I hope i have helped someone.

weds

• minimus
    minimus

Jayson, I don't quite know what to say. I do want you to know that I think you're a poster that has expressed som e valid arguments. I enjoy your posts.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ditto what Francois said. More than one poster has mentioned that I made a difference, and I tell you, that feedback does wonders for an overachiever like me. If I felt what I wrote made no difference, I would stop posting here.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I too have had many people tell me that something I posted made a difference.

I think everybody does regardless of who they are and what they post. The degree of difference is the real determining factor.

And hey even the trolls make a difference

• minimus
    minimus

Lady Lee, You've made a delicious difference here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit