Straining the gnat, gulping the camel.

by Rush 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

Rocketman.....Anyway, it's all about making rules. I hate stupid rules. Now, let's get some blood sausage to eat!!

• Rush
    Rush

now that i'm on a roll, i've got another little one about black pudding (blood pudding).

when my dad was an elder, he was at work (in a fire station) when the cook made them all a fried breakfast, including black pudding. when my dad's plate came and he saw the black pudding, he told the cook he couldn't eat it and got up to scrape it into the bin. a colleague told him not to throw it away but to give it to him instead.

my dad refused, and explained (a bit embarrassed) that he had to throw it away, in line with the bible's command to pour blood upon the ground. of course, his workmate didn't appreciate this and told him not to be so stupid. but my dad went ahead and threw it in the bin anyway. i'm sure this did his reputation no end of good at work as they already thought him a bit wierd, being a witness.

on the subject of rare meats, muscle is pink because of the pigment myoglobin which is similar to haemoglobin, but presumably isn't classed as blood.

if anyone's got anymore of these, i love hearing them.

Cheers,

Rush.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit