I went to work today

by larrynbabies 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• larrynbabies
    larrynbabies

It will be 5 months (tomorrow 24th) since Megan has died. I went to work today for the first time since that day. I was leaving the house this morning and while pulling out of the driveway I looked at my home and remembered the last time I had done this 5 months earlier.

Every morning before I would go to work Megan would wake me up and she would already have made the babies bottles and poured me a cup of coffee. I remember she would sit next to me and wake me with a kiss and hand me my cup of coffee. By the time I had gotten through my first cup and a shower she would then bring the babies into the room so we could play. The babies were 10 months old then and they were becoming more sociable and animated. We would laugh and play with them until it was time for me to go. She would follow me downstairs and give me a hug and a kiss each and every morning before I left. When going to the car she would peek out of the window and wave at me and I would make a point of waving before I got into the car and then after getting out of the driveway I would stop and she would still be at the window waving with a smile on her face I would wave back at her one last time and then drive away.

This was my routine and I loved it. This is how my life was each and every day.

Today when I looked at my home Megan was not at the window. Megan was not smiling back at me with that beautiful smile she would have. I did not get to see her eyes light up when I would wave back at her. I did not get a call at work around 11:30 asking me what I would like to have for lunch that day and when I got home she was not there to give me a hug and a kiss. God I miss her so much. Her love was like a warm blanket that I wrapped my whole being into. I was in heaven now she has gone and taken heaven with her.

I have learned that in order to cope with her passing I do a few things, One is I will play with or just hold our babies, another is I will sit down and write a letter to Megan, the other is I will sit down and write a letter to you usually about Megan or my babies I have not done the latter in a little while and I feel like this site has become a refuge for me. A place for me to say things that are inside of me. Things that I am not able to communicate to people around me.

I have been dreaming alot latley and it is funny that since my father passed away almost ten years ago I had only had a few dreams with him in them. The last couple of weeks he has been in my dreams quite frequently. I keep showing him pictures of Megan and telling him she has died and I am so sad. He is so alive to me when I dream of him and I am happy to be able to see hime if only in my dreams. When I dream of Megan there are times when she is very distant towards me this is so unlike how she was in life. I dont know what all this means. I guess this is one for the therapist.

Anyways thanks for listening

Larrynbabies

• sf
    sf

Dear Larry,

Good for you honey....

Take good care...sKally

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

((((Larryandbabies)))

It sounds as if you have your soul mate - and she's still in your heart....I know that isn't enough and there really are no words that can make it better.

Congratulations on taking this very small step, and finding a way to cope through it.

Love,

Rhonda

• wednesday
    wednesday

Larry,

Thank u for sharing your memories and life with us. I look forward to reading your posts.

Greiving is a process and takes time.. One day at a time.

hope your first day at work went ok and things continue to go well for u and the boys.

Don't forget to post and let us all know how things are going.

weds

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Yes, good for you Larry taking this step and write away if it's a help to you...there's lots of "listening" eyes here to read and offer support if only a simple line of acknowledgement.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    When I dream of Megan there are times when she is very distant towards me this is so unlike how she was in life.

Congratulations on going back to work. This theory on that might discourage you a bit. But, on the other hand, it's just a theory. Here it goes.

There are people who believe that in dreams we at times visit those who have passed into the astral. If this is so, then several possibilities follow. Those who die while trapped in a very negative state, because of that choose to go into lower astral planes. Whatever that theory is worth, there was a movie that was based on it. It's called 'what dreams may come' w robbin williams and annabella sciora.

http://movieweb.com/movie/whatdreams/

The color affects in it are amazing.

SS

• acsot
    acsot

(((((((((Larry))))))))))))

What a wonderful, beautiful person you describe in Megan. These next steps in the grieving process will be hard. I hope you always find this place to be a safe haven for you and your thoughts.

I don't know if dreams mean something or not. At times I've had powerful and enlightening dreams - if Megan seemed distant in your dream, maybe she is giving you "permission" to move on, at your own pace. She loved you enough during her lifetime with you to now let you go - and enable you to make your life over in whatever way you need or see fit.

Hang in there Larry, and hug your babies for us.

Ac

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Larry I am glad to know your children are back with you. We (my immediate family) wish you all the best, and that you find peace and happiness in whatever is to come for you. In-box is open if ever it is needed. You will be thought of kindly, and often in my house.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

What you did today was a very hard thing. It will get easier, I promise. (((((larrynbabies)))))

Love,

Nina

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

((((((larry)))))) I can't imagineBe strong for your babies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit