Disagreements between elders

by Gadget 22 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

I have no experience with DOs getting involved in such matters. As was mentioned, it would prolly go right to the WTS.

• Gadget
    Gadget

bttt

• RoadDoctor
    RoadDoctor

I loved the scenario my brother was involved in last year. I had been out of the borg for about 3 years at this point. He was driving his brand new VW Jetta, and crashed into a bridge embankment, causing a femur fracture that sent him to a trauma center and surgery to repair. The Pennsylvania State Police came into the ER that night and wanted to speak with me. They said, can you inform your parents that we found several broken bottles of vodka and 4 cases of beer in his trunk, that we will need to talk to them and him when he is out of surgery and able to talk. This just tickled me pink! The next day one of his friends from another cong. stopped by to see him, and I brought the issue up to my brother in front of them, about the alcohol. (They were all 17-19 years old). Well, amazingly, about 20 different friends started to visit him. (Hmm wonder if that was to keep him from spilling his guts)

The story was my brother got 2 worldly friends from work to buy him alcohol. He in turn would go to these "JW parties" where the parents werent home and resell the alcohol at a higher price, everyone would get sh*tfaced and then the wandering fingers (and other body parts) would begin. My brother being the good little dub that he was, ratted on everyone. Not only did this involve 5 different congregations, 2 different circuits, but also 4 elder's kids, 1 of them being the son of a PO! This delighted me even more. It was amazing to see how all 5 congregations got together with about 6 different JC's, and the punishments handed out. Some were privately reproved, some were publicly reproved, and one was disfellowshipped. My brother got off with a private reproof, since he had to deal with being a rat and losing his friends.

It sure is a crazy thing when you have elder's kids involved and other congregations!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit