shhhhhhhh...it's a surprise

by arrowstar 12 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Whatever you do...don't tell COMF!!

COMF's band Broken Code will be performing at Joe's Crab Shack in Plano this Saturday night. The band starts at 7pm.

COMF's birthday is on Tuesday, July 29. He'll be 50. So, Saturday night at the gig there'll be a little "surprise" party for him. Please come join us in the celebration.

I look forward to seeing you there!!

Arrowstar

p.s. here the link to the band's website

http://home.comcast.net/~a.schmoyer/brokencode/bc_index.htm

Arrowstar

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

*tapping on the monitor*

hellllloooooooo

Arrowstar

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Let's just hope he doesn't get a sudden urge to check the forum before Saturday, or the cat will be out of the bag!

PARTY! PARTY!

Nina

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Looks like he hasn't been around for a while so you're probably safe. Have a great time!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

BTTT! Don't forget, all you DFW party animals -- tomorrow night's the party! See you at Joe's Crab Shack!

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Arrowstar, it was great meeting you! You have awesome power, even the band members obeyed your commands.

COMF: Happy Birthday!! You play fantastic drums my friend. I'm very glad we came out to hear you guys, you really are quite good. And if you ever run across another lemon beer just give it to Nina, 'cause I ain't drinking it.

Beware the Grim Reaper.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Happy Birthday Fred! So sorry I couldn't make it as I was working. I hope that gluten intolerant billygoat passed that info on to you, as I forgot to alert Arrowstar. Hope the party was a blast.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Wow, that was fun! Wish we could have stayed longer! Next time: a BABYSITTER!!! A nice little group showed up: DFWnonJW, Billygoat & Mozzer, COMF's son, Arrowstar (of course!), a friend of mine from work, a friend of mine from the grief support group I belong to (you see, I was spreading the word about COMF's talent), a lovely group of Harley Davidson fans who ranged from obviously suburban part-time bikers to Wild Ones, and, of course, the Grim Reaper himself. Obviously he was just there to get a few pointers on how to play the drums properly. Fortunately for us, Jackson was off playing in the restaurant's sandbox/playground area and missed the ol' G.R. He was a little TOO convincing . . . . Jennie handled it with aplomb but felt it prudent to hide behind me and Big Tex, probably feeling that if anyone was going to be taken it would be us and not her.

I have a nagging suspicion we missed something by leaving early, so I hope others will post about the rest of the evening! By the way, COMF and his band are REALLY GOOD!!!

Nina

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Cruzan - wish I could have made it. Hubby and I celebrated our belated 5th wedding anniversary (July 14th). Tomorrow marks the last day of my sabbatical, and well, spoiled rotten me must return to work Monday. I didn't do a whole lot, but I have reached the 20 lb. mark in my weight loss trek!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

I'm so glad y'all were able to come out and join us in COMF's birthday celebration. The BIG Five-0! (book 'em, Dano)

I hope y'all got pictures and they will be posted soon. He's a'chompin' at the bit to see pictures. Lawdy help me when he gets his mind set on sumthin'!!

It was great to meet y'all. I had a wonderful time and I think COMF did too...but he'll have to tell you himself.

Arrowstar..of the I pulled it off class

ps...watch out for the 6'9" Grim Reaper...he's coming to a town near you

AS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit