Jehovah Had No Beginning!!

by Black Man 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Man
    Black Man

Does that make sense to you? It doesn't to me.

• minimus
    minimus

It's not supposed to BlackMan.

• TR
    TR

Makes no sense whatsoever. Somebody had to create 'Hovah, and somebody had to create his creator, and his creator, and his creator.....etc.

TR

• Brummie
    Brummie

But thinking backwards from an eternal perspective makes no sense to me, and I havent got the ability to think forwards and imagine eternity. Its like saying "where does the sky begin and end?" Its beyond our reasoning. So just because something doesnt make sense to our finite minds doesnt mean that its impossible.

Brummie

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

No, it doesn't make much sense to us that something did not have a beginning. However, there had to be something at "the start" that simply had no beginning. Otherwise you have a probablem with endless causality.

The question is... what didn't have a beginning? It seems most unlikely that a being of infinite complexity has always existed. Instead I think it's much more likely that the most rudimentary particles (the most basic building blocks of matter or energy) have always existed.

• Ron1968
    Ron1968

I was taught that the human mind was not created to be able to conceive of such an idea. But, the idea of eternity existed despite that fact.

Ron

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

I read an interesting book called Rants, Raves, and Recollections by M. Mair (only available in Canada, try chapters.ca) and there is a chapter called God and the Golfball. Now the current theory is that a bunch of matter about the size of a golfball caused the big bang and all the universe to be created. He basically said that the scientists can't prove or explain how the golf ball of matter got there no more than he can explain God. BTW the book is quite good and tackles sex, politics, and religion.

• greven
    greven

No It doesn't make sense.

It means among other things that before God created the universe he was staring into nothingness for an eternity...sounds pretty boring to me.

He basically said that the scientists can't prove or explain how the golf ball of matter got there no more than he can explain God.

Nope indeed, however I find a golfball of matter way more probable than an almighty, all caring, omniscient etc God like entity causing the universe...

ps intersting handle : "ignorance is strenth"! Isn't that from a Terry Pratchett book?

Greven

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    scientists can't prove or explain how the golf ball of matter got there no more than he can explain God

Correct, but that in no way strenghtens an argument for god. Ever hear of Ockham's razor? Needlessly complicating an explanation for something almost always leads to an incorrect conclusion.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Its just as easy for me accept an eternal God, as it is the notion of infinity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit