DECEPTIVE JW ELDERS - CASE#2

by Amazing 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Thanks for your posts, Amazing. I appreciate your posts greatly.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Marked. resurrecting this thread. I think this is still relevant.

I recommend reading his old posts. He had great insights.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I have not had good experiences with elders. My dad was an elder, and he lived a double life. Everyone thought he was such a wonderful man, but little did they know living with him was hell. He was an abusive monster. When things got as bad as they could get, and my mother sought help from the other elders, they told her it was a family matter and they couldn't get involved. This went on for years and asking for help at various times. After 30 years of marriage, it took a mental hospital to get us away from him. And he was either a MS or an elder for most of those years.

So after we finally got away and moved to another state, my opinion of elders didn't change. I was convinced that if you were not a hypocrit and a corrupt person, you would become so shortly after becoming an elder. A year or two before I left for good, my mother and I were at the meeting when they announced my brother-in-law was an elder. I sat there and cried. And they were not tears of joy. Everyone was congratulating him and I could not. He was such a good person. He is still an elder, and I don't know what kind of elder he is. I hope he has managed to hold on at least a little bit of the decency and kindness he use to have. I just know if you enter into that position, you really must have to sell your soul in order to do some of the things the org asks.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Bluesapphire - So let me get his straight, you were pressuring your

husband to "confess" even after you were married and had children?

And the big sin was; you were sexually attracted to each other and planned

to get married and you touched each other before you got married ?

And his intentions towards you were entirely honorable,

in that he married you. And he is a good father, kind and a good husband ?

But becuase he did not want to "confess" to elders, these WT defined "sins"

( please, where are the scriptures to define what engaged couples can do )

because of this, and not his general character, you think he is "not spiritual" ?

I am no supporter of the this cult, but shouldn't your real concern be that he

would sit in commitee meetings and hear confessions of child molesters

and then not turn them into the police because of WT rules and policy ?

Sounds like he actually might be able to fear God, more than

a sham organization who makes up "rules" as they go along.

In case I am not making myself clear, and apparently I rarely do,

you would have more respect for him if he followed "the rules"

and gave no thought to whether these rules were right or wrong.

And he is really a great man and a good person but spiritual he is NOT!

I have news for you - being a great man and a good person IS being spiritual

"Show me your faith, aside from your works, and

I will show you my faith by my works" James 2:18

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Served as an E for 10 years, 3 of those as PO (which has now been done away with). I only served in one congregation so this is not an over-all view. All recomendations were prayed over and then compared to the scriptual qualifications in Titus and Timothy. Most of the time the BOE was unamious but if one E had reservtions then the recomendation was held off till the next CO visit and the brother with the reservations was assigned to work with the brother in question in what ever area that needed improvement according to the above scriptures.

Any who qualified were then presented and discussed with the CO during the next visit and he usually agreed. The recommendations were signed and sent to the society and usualy returned approved. After the society's appointment letter was recieved we would met with the brother under prayer and asked him if there was any reason he could not accept his appointment. The society didn't however give the new servant his assignments, that was done by the BOE after meeting with him. We usually loaded him up with assignments... lol.

I must say, at the time, I felt the HS was involved (at the congregation level) as long as we prayed and went by the scriptural qualifications. I have been out of the loop for 6 years now and some things have changed, new E book and now no letter sent to the society because the CO decides.

For the most part everything went smoothly. I did however see some nepotisim (spelling?), favortism or mild repression due to personality conflicts but nothing to serious. It was easy to become a MS but much more difficult in making E, in our congregation. I steped asside when I started having doubts about my qualifications, baiscally burnout and pressing finacial issues. Have no desire to try to qualify again and the gap gets wider every day. Most men who want to be E have no idea what they are getting into and looking back I wished I never did. A lot of my time was sacrificed for trivial matters when I should of spent more time with my family.

As far as "deceptive Es" it does happen but I would say it is not the norm. However good Es do what the society tells them, no questions asked, feeling secure in their actions being in line with "Jehovah."

• bsmart
    bsmart
    Bring this to the top again, I wonder how Amazing is doing.... He is a writer that I like to read over and over again here.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Not once have we EVER trusted the Elders. We haven't in the past and still don't. There are some good ones that think they are doing what Jehovah wants them to do. Once you trust these ones they run back to the rest of the Body of Elders and before you know it your name is being announced from the platform.

Our moto....trust NO ONE!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol i wonder if villiage girl ever realized that post was 14 years old....

amazingly (or not) thats how things still work in dubbie land. HS has nothing to do with it.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    nice find.
  • babygirl30
    babygirl30
    Thanks for sharing how appointments REALLY happen!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit