The Borg's fear of demons (Worship Bk, chap 18)

by ozziepost 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Personally, I became afraid of demons when I found my Smurf on the deck burning my wind chime....now that blew me away!

I mean think about it....how did that little Smurf get the wind chime down, light a fire (though I did leave out the thingy to light the grill~~), and put the wind chime in it?! All to rid me of the demons!

Now, I am demon free. Every one will tell you that.

I need to ask the Smurf to work on the computer monitor next....

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

What I never uderstood was why your self-respecting super-powerful demons wanted to hang out in, say, a musty old painting bought at a garage sale by Sister Dunk of No.12 Girdle Street, Wapping, and hung up next to her embroidered scenes from the Bible Stories book.

You'd think that a demon would rather be hanging out in the penthouse suite of the Ritz or at least having a hauntingly good time in the aisles of Louis Vitton.

I know that I would!

Expatbrit

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Well if satan and/or his pet deeminz are so powerful that they control the world or they could devour the kingdom of god...why are they so powerless that by me removing a windcharm they are immobilized? Or why if I burn the smurf on my desk will the demons be driven away from me? Are they so pathetic that they need to use a smurf to get to me?

You're forgetting that wind chimes are Demon Lighting Rods... they suck demons straight into your house!!!

• Panda
    Panda

Boy-o do I remember being afraid of demons! Especially the ones trying to get into my chaste bedclothes. The bible is a story to create a feeling of nationalism for the Isrealites coming out of Babylon. And yikes did those Babylonians ever have demon fears. Apparently w/good reason since thats SaddhamHusseins neck o'the wudz.

We've got much more modern stories in the US. George Washington, the father of our country chopped down his family cherry tree and then was unable to lie about the nefarious deal and then demons (oops I'm confused!) then his father punished him.

• reporter
    reporter

Personally, I think that Johnny boy that was writing the book of Revelation was:

1: Spending too much time in a desert

2: Picking too much opium, or

3: Smoking crack., or

4: All of the above.

It's one of those books of the Bible that doesn't fit with the rest of the theme, if you know what I mean...

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

One old Dear when we were studying in the 60's, told me that if ever I was being attacked in the night, just switch on the electric lamp, 'cause they are afraid of the light and say God's name aloud...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit