Would you forgive the shunners?

by nojw86 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Definitely.

We should think back to the time when we were JWs and how we would have avoided df'd/da'd people at all costs. Why? Because we thought we were doing the right thing. We thought we were pleasing God. So are they. They don't realise the hurt they are inflicting. Forgive them for it.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Forgive them and move on. it's the only way that you can ever be whole again. Otherwise you will carry the hate and anger towards them inside and it will pollute your soul.

Slipnslideius Masterus: ... Strength and Honor ...

• nojw86
    nojw86

Thanks everyone I read all your posts, everyone seems to be the forgiving person. Got to try and let go of some of my bitterness. Slip, as you said forgive and move on.......nojw

• Free2Bme
    Free2Bme

The queer thing about being shunned as opposed to being the one actually doing the shunning is I find it a lot easier.
    My mum made a comment the other day about sister so-and-so who is df'd always bowing her head respectfully when walking past Witnesses in the street. That made me mad and I made a mental note to continue to greet and smile cheerfully at any JW I come across.
    Similar to an earlier comment I say my love for them was not conditional.
    (and on a naughty note most of them I couldn't give a toss about anyway- hey the only humble pie i'd ever eat better taste like Mississippi Mud)

Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit