Realisation of your immortality

by barbar 12 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Facing mortality is every human's job. Many of us step up our denial systems even in the face of imminent death and take denial of reality right to our graves. Not facing something is actually a form of facing it, just backwards. My idea of immortality was one of my first delusions of grandeur I lost back in the 1970's.

Reality is always much easier for me to deal with. My plans are real and my setbacks are acceptable. I can't see anything to fear about death. Everything living dies. It's a universal law. Really, there's little to fear from life either.

Show me a person who fears death and I bet I can show you a person who also fears life. Maybe there is an anxiety disorder that can be dealt with in a pragmatic way.

Most realists are pragmatists and deal with everything in an objective, rational way. Reality tells me to enjoy life as well as I can and don't take any unnecessary risks. A realistic outlook lets me appreciate people and things as the are. GaryB

• onacruse
    onacruse

Gary:

Show me a person who fears death and I bet I can show you a person who also fears life.

That is a very poignant observation. Fear of the future engenders fear of the present.

Craig

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Yes, surely the user barbar meant to say "realization of your own mortality" when composing the topic line of the post.

Hamas, your picture:

looks like an image taken out of a Watchtower publication as "worldly" people are shrieking in agony as Armaggedon occurs and they are destroyed for all their evil practices.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit