Is our History a Lie....

by searchfothetruth 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

" Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past."

George Orwell, 1984

" History is the lie commonly agreed upon "

Voltaire

A little quiz. Who am I talking about here?

He was born on December 25th to a virgin mother; he was called a saviour, the only begotten son, and died to save humanity; he was crucified on a Friday - "Black Friday" - and his blood was spilled to redeem the earth; he suffered death with nails and stakes; he was the father and son combined in an earthly body; he was put in a tomb, went down into the underworld, but three days later, on March 25th, his body was found to be gone from the tomb and was resurrected as the "Most High God"; his body was symbolised as bread and eaten by those who worshipped him.

Jesus Christ, yes?

NO. All of this was said about the saviour Son of God called Attis who was worshipped by the Phrygians, one of the oldest races in Asia Minor, now Turkey, well over a thousand years before the manufacture of 'Jesus'.

It is just one of the countless deities of whom the same story was told before Christianity.

The story of Jesus and the way we are told to accept that he was a literal person etc, is just one example of the Designer History we have today.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

yes i like designer history too. a great example would be cristopher columbus.

• rocketman
    rocketman

There was a similar thread posted a couple weeks back. I forget who started it, but they wrote to the WTS about similarities in so-called pagan or mythological accounts (I forget which) and the story of Jesus.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

The Babylonians had a similar deity and don't forget, the jews were taught all the Babylonian religion whist in captivity.

I believe that they took these beliefs and created the bible around them...the bible basically being a symbolic book.

But thats just my opinion.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    I believe that they took these beliefs and created the bible around them...the bible basically being a symbolic book.

So where did these stories come from? you got any links or sources so I can look them up?

Gadget

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Gadget,

The info on all these deities can be found in a book called "The Book Your Church Doesn't want you to read" Tim C. Leenon p.137

But there a lot of other sources for this information:

'Gods of the new millenium' Alan Alford

'...and the Truth will set you free' David Icke.

'Our Haunted Planet' John Keel

• Gadget
    Gadget

Cheers.

Any idea where these books are available? Are they on amazon?

Gadget

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

'Gadget.

The book Your Church doesn't want you to read' is available from www.hiddenmysteries.com

David Ickes book is available from his website www.davidicke.com or from any bookshop, like Borders, or Waterstones.

Alan Alfords books can be found in any bookshop.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

I've skimmed a couple of these new books. They seem to be the latest selling spin on the discoveries of historians, sociologists, anthropoligists, etc over the last 100 years or more. Joseph Campbell did a good job with this subject in "The Hero With A Thousand Faces." It showed similarities among the sacrificed hero religions in most every culture. If one picks and chooses which facts to believe he could find many of the features of Christianity in a combination of these other heroes, cults and religions. There seem to be several exaggerations to make the specific case above. But in general, the points seem quite valid.

Gamaliel

• gumby
    gumby

Heres a little on Attis,

Nana, the daughter of the river Sangarius, sees the fruit and finding it beautiful places it on her bosom. Cybele, transforming herself into the form of Agdistis, changes the fruit to a seed from which Nana becomes pregnant. Her father, believing her to have been licentious, locks her away without food or water, attempting to starve her to death. Cybele slips into the girls room secretly each night bringing apples to eat and water to drink. Upon the birth of the child (On December 25th) her father orders it taken to the river and left among the reeds to die. However, a shepherd finds the child and takes him home, nurturing him on the milk of a goat that has recently given birth. The Phrygian name for goat is Attagi, and so the child is called Attis.

Attis grows into a remarkably beautiful young man, and he is gentle with his adopted father's flock. Thus, his father praises him by calling him ``the gentle shepherd''. Cybele, observing that the young lad is more beautiful than any of the gods, loves Attis above all others and showers him with gifts and favors. Attis, of course, returns her love.

Cybele informs Attis that he is only safe so long as he doesn't wed a human. She also tells him of the agony he caused her when he left with Agdistis. When the young half-god learns of Cybele's suffering, in a fit of passion he grabs a knife and under a pine tree emasculates himself. As he lay dying (Black Friday, it was called, and it equates to Good Friday in the Christian mythos.) he called out, ``Oh Great Mother, forgive me. I never sought to cause you grief and I never will again.'' Violets spring up from drops of his blood, entwining into the boughs of the tree, and therein entered the spirit of Attis.

Upon seeing her son was repentant, emasculated, and had commited suicide to atone for hurting her, Cybele carries the pine tree, with all its decorations, and her son's body, to her cave. For the three days Attis is dead he visits the Underworld. Then, on the third day, Cybele brings Attis back to life. Providing Attis with her most glorious raiment she proclaims the renascent one her daughter and her lover, conferring upon Attis gifts of mystery equal to her own. In her own words Cybele declares the transformation, ``Rejoice, my son is gone and in his place a daughter has arisen. Let all of beauty, strength, power, compassion, honor, mirth, and reverence be at her service. Let all who would do her harm, pay grievous penalty, and to all who do her tribute accrue fitting reward.''

The followers of Cybele and Attis often chanted, "As our Lord was saved, so are we all saved." They called him the Savior of Humanity and the Good Shepherd. 6,000 years later much of the Christ Mythos would be lifted from this myth. However, the Myth of Attis endured for at least 6,000 years. The Jesus myth is a relative newcomer by comparison.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit