WTS conspires to shield confessed mass-murderer and felon from authorities!

by reporter 24 Replies latest jw friends

• reporter
    reporter

My questions are (besides the obvious): who is going to take the rap eventually for these heretofore unsolved Florida murders?

Whose innocent lives may yet rot in jail while this now baptized perpetrator goes free to share in field service and attend meetings?

Whose victims' families are hoping in vain that this baptized felon gets caught while he is being shielded from "secular" prosecution?

"Since he is apparently a fugitive from the law..." is a priceless quote from the letter. No shit, Sherlock!!!

"If the elders inadvertently reveal his past wrongdoing, undoubtedly it will result in major repercussions to him and his wife." Jesus Bleeding Christ. He should have thought about those potential consequences before he went on his killing and crime spree!

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Unbelievable! Obviously protecting a murders privacy (read: not bringing reproach on the org.) is more important than justice.

Why am I not surprised?

Stan

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sheesh, some of you posters can be so unbalanced in your zeal to burn the WT. It's not like the guy grew a beard or something!

• mustang
    mustang

SOLICITATION

to

OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE???

Chargeable Offense?

Just testing some "buzzwords"...

Mustang

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Incredible. The WTS doesn't want the elders to report the murderer because it would undoubtedly "bring reproach on Jehovah's name." And we all know when talking about JWs the phrase "bring reproach on Jehovah's name" means "make the WTS look bad."

Disgusting.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Assuming that this guy was a "fugitive" (which the letter does not indicate) - there is still the matter of clergy confidentiality. This would be a hard decision for any clergy person to make. But, what makes this bothersome is there is no encouragement to have this brother "atone" for his sins of murder and to give "Ceaser his due".

Are you sure this guy had not already done his time?It doesn't clarify whether this guy did time for his crimes - just that Florida wasn't "aware" (which could just mean he did his time in some other state/country).

• reporter
    reporter
    Assuming that this guy was a "fugitive" (which the letter does not indicate)

What? Yes it does. Quote from letter: "Since he apparenently is a fugitive from the law, he obviously would not qualify for any extra privileges of service in the congregation." Not only does the WTS and he himself admit that he is a criminal and fugitive, this letter does imply that he would get basic privileges of service (albeit not "extra" privileges like pioneer, MS or elder, or perhaps certain hall assignments) as a joe baptized publisher.

Are you sure this guy had not already done his time?It doesn't clarify whether this guy did time for his crimes - just that Florida wasn't "aware" (which could just mean he did his time in some other state/country).

What? Are you serious? Red herring. If he is not "apparently a fugitive", that indicates that he never served time anywhere for anything...and why could he be considered a subject of interest in Florida to be hush about if he paid his "debt to society" elsewhere? Unless, of course, he was a fugitive, then he would be arrested by Florida authorities and extradited to the state or country of interest. This would be called co-operation between jurisdictions to bring fugitives to justice.

there is still the matter of clergy confidentiality. This would be a hard decision for any clergy person to make.

Not under these circumstances! The WTS, in conspiracy with the local elders, are knowingly harboring a fugitive! And encouraging the silence of the local B of E! "Clergy confidentiality" should never be used as a shield for protecting perpetrators -- whether they be mass-murderers, child molestors, or whomever -- not receiving justice for heinous crimes. If that is true, the law ought to be changed. That's outrageous.

But, what makes this bothersome is there is no encouragement to have this brother "atone" for his sins of murder and to give "Ceaser his due".

I agree with you on this, at least. I'll quote from the actual letter again... "What he does about paying his debt to society is largely up to him and his conscience..." So right there, that indicates he hasn't paid any debt yet...and the WTS, incredibly, is leaving this "up to him" as a conscience matter!

Can anybody else here see the significance of what I'm ranting about here? Hawkaw? Outlaw? JT? Anybody? Taking blood transfusions or even "smoking marijuana" (as mentioned in that letter too), is grounds for judicial committees and disfellowshipment, including disagreeing with the Society's dogmas (and other straining of gnats which Ray Franz said should be left up to a Christian's matter of conscience) are harped on by the WTS, but they leave OUT the rafter in their own eye by leaving him the OPTION of confessing mass-murder and felonies as a conscience matter!!!!! And not DFing him in the process?

PEOPLE!!! COME ON now!!!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Sorry reporter - my eyesight hasn't been so good as of late - didn't see that sentence - so my theory holds correct.

This still does not invalidate the clergy confidentiality situation however.

But it is sad that they gave no recommendation to strongly encourage this man to turn himself in & give "Ceasers things to Ceaser" - I can't believe this.

And that they are more worried about him smoking dope after being baptized - unbelievable.

My sincerest apologies Reporter.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Can anybody else here see the significance of what I'm ranting about here?

Yes, I noticed that but didn't comment on it specifically. It is just plain disgusting that they can dismiss murder so easily since "he wasn't baptized at the time".

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

just when you think they can't sink any lower, they do !!!!!!!!!!!!

UNBELEIVABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit