Pat Garza passed away :(

by onacruse 30 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Adding my condolences for Pat's family. A very brave woman.

Hey Euph,

Pat spoke publicly at the Silentlamb's March in NY last year. She spoke of several things, and there was at least one long thread here about it. Perhaps a search will bring it up, but it's considered a very controversial subject.

Another Silentlamb marcher spoke of Pat's announcement at that time, "It's her truth and her right to speak publicly about her life. No one has the right to silence her."

waiting

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, it's sad. Likely she has found peace, though. Did she post here? If so, under what name?

SS

• sisteract
    sisteract

I was very saddened to hear of Pat Garza'a passing. I too was in NYC at the march with Silent Lambs and witnessed her bravery in speaking out regarding her suffering and abuse. I walked away in awe of her and all those that are Silent no more...even in death she will continue to speak.

The poem was beautiful. My sympathy to her family and friends.

Sisteract

• outnfree
    outnfree

My condolences to Pat's daughter and any other family.

I, too, met her at the Silentlambs March and was lucky enough to sit next to her at lunch. She was very brave and endured much at the hands of her local congregation and elders (let alone at the hands of Jaracz). I was sorry for her pain then and hope she is at peace now.

SIncerely,

outnfree

• Swan
    Swan

I'm so sorry to hear this. I never had the chance to meet her, but she sounded like a very special person.

Tammy

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

I am sorry to hear of Pat Garza's death. My condolences goe's out to her daughter, family and friends.

To acknowledge that its been a long haul for Pat. I had the privilege of meeting her at the SilentLambs March in Brooklyn, New York. In September 2002. I was deeply touched by her story. And what strength and courage to be able to stand up. And to break the silence. like my 6 year old daughter said 20 yrs ago. "That secrets eat the heart away~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~".

I believe Pat was abused. She dropped a huge boulder(her story) in the middle of the lake and the ripples of it are still being felt today.

May she rest in peace with the ancestors.

OldCrow Woman

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Sorry to hear about her passing away. Add my sympathies to her family.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

How sad

(((Our sincerest condolences to her family)))

• Blue
    Blue

removed at poster's request

• Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit