Question for those who still occasionally attend meetings

by unique1 12 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1

Do you do things just to piss the brothers off when you go to a meeting? Like just to be rebellious I always wear a skirt above the knee and cross my legs to make it even shorter, because I enjoy the disapproving looks. I even wore pants to the meeting when I was feeling extra sassy. I realize it is a stupid thing to do, but for some reason it gives me such satisfaction. ANYBODY ELSE DO STUFF LIKE THAT?

• unique1
    unique1

Guess I am the only one judging from the responses

• KGB
    KGB

It's because none of still go to them evil meetings, Nothing personal....

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Unique.... I've never been a dub, but one of the churches I attend is on the more conservative side. Yeah.... I think even they would give you the second glance. But you know what, I think it's cool to rock boat sometimes... shake things up.... it makes life interesting and shows we aren't created from cookie cutters. Funny post...thanks.

• Piph
    Piph

I've started wearing shorter skirts and less modest shirts. If I get disapproving glances, I don't notice them. There's only one elder I dislike enough to want to see a disapproving glance from. But I haven't noticed...actually I haven't been paying attention anyway. I just am enjoying wearing what I like to wear.

• Nickey
    Nickey

No, can't say that I have. I usually stand by the wall looking like a mean cuss so nobody approaches me to talk. I'm out the door 2 minutes later waiting in the car.

When I wanna go to sleep, I pretend I'm looking down reading the bible or watchtower with my finger under the page appearing to turn it.... I'll be doing the same thing at the convention too.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I have not been to a meeting since 1996. I did go to a dub wedding and I wore an outfit that would not offend my dub friend but would piss off a couple of the conservative elders and their wives. I looked damn good. When I saw the frown on one of the elders wives face I could tell I had succeeded. I think the frumpy woman was jealous.

• jws
    jws

I haven't been to a meeting as a JW since around 1989, but sure I did things to piss them off, not always at the hall though.

I remember going to congregation softball and football games wearing Rolling Stones T-shirts, with the big red tounge on it - that I was counseled about. Or AC/DC t-shirts. You could just feel the dirty looks and stares. At the hall, I'd drive out of the parking lot with some heavy metal band playing loudly. Even things like attending college pissed some of them off. Dismissing them with things like "how else am I supposed to get a computer programming job" pissed them off. Them knowing I was going out to bars and concerts and doing bodily training (weightlifting) pissed them off, but they could never prove me guilty of any DF offense and that had to drive at least 2 of the elders nuts.

• jws
    jws

Ooops, for some reason it posted twice. Removing text from this post....

• Matty
    Matty

I will be quitting the meetings very soon and so I don't want to draw too much attention to myself, being that I'd like to go quietly! I must admit that my recent talks have all had subtle references in them about studying the Bible in context, testing that you are in the faith, emphasis on the simplicity of Jesus' message etc… I hope some of it sunk in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit